Subject: [ESDS] Discovery Services Features and Functionality Survey

From: Ali Rezafard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 16:53:42 -0500

Dear ESDS members,

As part of our collaborative efforts with EPCglobal Data Discovery JRG  
to devise the best possible approach for Discovery Services (DS), we  
are collecting requirements and prioritizing them, from all potential  
end users of DS. EPCglobal has compiled a comprehensive survey for the  
key questions and technical debates facing the end users and the  
eventual EPCglobal Software Action Group that will draft the  
specification.

We would like to ask for some of your time and insight to better  
understand and evaluate DS design choices. The survey is an online  
questionnaire divided into two main sections, the Client Perspective  
and the Resource Perspective. The first section focuses on questions  
relating to the Client, who is doing the act of discovery. The second  
section explores the questions facing the Resource (or resource  
owner), who is interested in being discoverable by authenticated and  
authorized Clients.

Your answers will direct and clarify the requirements for DS and we  
thank you in advance for your time and effort. At the end of the  
survey we will ask for your contact information and we might contact  
you to verify your email and authenticate your answers.

Here is the link to the survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=es2mDxhMFOo0H7dWMch_2fZA_3d_3d

Please remember to use Surveymonkey's webpage navigation buttons  
instead of your browser's navigation. Each of your survey answers are  
saved in a local cookie when you click the "Next" button. So you could  
finish the survey in multiple sessions (using the same link), as long  
as you use the same browser on the same computer and have not cleared  
your cookies.

The survey will conclude by February 27, 2009. Please feel free to  
also discuss the questions on the ESDS mailing list.

We thank you in advance for your participation and assistance.

Best Regards,

Ali Rezafard

---

From: Ali Rezafard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:20:40 -0500

Dear ESDS members,

We wanted to thank you for your response to the questioner that was  
posted earlier this month. We have received couple separate requests  
for clarifications on some of the questions. We wanted to arrange for  
a group session, where we could go over the survey together to clarify  
and discuss each question in detail together.

The EPCglobal Data Discovery JRG will host a webinar for the workgroup  
members and the IETF ESDS work group to review the survey in details  
in order to ensure proper understanding and accurate survey results.

The session will be about 2 hours and give us the opportunity to  
collect your industry's requirements for Discovery Services. Answering  
these questions would require both technical knowledgeability as well  
as business expertise in your domain.

Webinar details are provided below.

Best Regards,
Ali

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Gena Morgan" <[email-masked]>
> Date: February 20, 2009 2:54:01 PM GMT-05:00
> To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked] 
> >
> Subject: EPCglobal Data Discovery Survey
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
>
> When: Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 10:00 AM (EST)
> Where: Conference Call : 1-866-910-4857 Outside the U.S.: 
> 1-719-387-5500 Participant Code: 173715
> *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
>
>
> EPCglobal is currently gathering end-user requirements to develop a  
> Discovery Service Interface standard.
>
> EPCglobal defines Discovery as:
> Finding and obtaining all relevant information resources (such as  
> EPCIS data).. to which a party is authorized,..when some of that  
> data is under the control of other parties with whom no prior  
> business relationship exists.
>
> The Data Discovery JRG has developed this survey as a part of the  
> requirements gathering process. It is aimed at end users that will  
> be generators and consumers of visibility data to enhance and  
> improve their supply c hain or for enabling the gathering of data  
> across the entire lifecycle of a product.
>
> Some of you may have started the survey or completed the survey, but  
> this review may still be valuable to you! If you have not begun the  
> survey - please try and attend this session.
>
> The EPCglobal Data Discovery JRG will host a webinar for the  
> workgroup members and for the IETF ESDS members to review the survey  
> in detail in order to ensure proper understanding and accurate  
> survey results.
>
> Please join us for this webinar!
>
>
> Gena Morgan has invited you to present at an online meeting using  
> Live Meeting.
> Join the meeting.
> Audio Information
> Computer Audio
> To use computer audio, you need speakers and microphone, or a headset.
> First Time Users:
> To save time before the meeting, check your system to make sure it  
> is ready to use Microsoft Office Live Meeting.
> Troubleshooting
> Unable to join the meeting? Follow these steps:
> Copy this address and paste it into your web browser:
> https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/gs1us2/join
> Copy and paste the required information:
> Meeting ID: MB2Z8D
> Entry Code: NKj_'\2nt
> Location: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/gs1us2
> If you still cannot enter the meeting, contact support
>
> Notice
> Microsoft Office Live Meeting can be used to record meetings. By  
> participating in this meeting, you agree that your communications  
> may be monitored or recorded at any time during the meeting.
>> Dear ESDS members,
>>
>> As part of our collaborative efforts with EPCglobal Data Discovery  
>> JRG to devise the best possible approach for Discovery Services  
>> (DS), we are collecting requirements and prioritizing them, from  
>> all potential end users of DS. EPCglobal has compiled a  
>> comprehensive survey for the key questions and technical debates  
>> facing the end users and the eventual EPCglobal Software Action  
>> Group that will draft the specification.
>>
>> questionnaire divided into two main sections, the Client  
>> Perspective and the Resource Perspective. The first section focuses  
>> on questions relating to the Client, who is doing the act of  
>> discovery. The second section explores the questions facing the  
>> Resource (or resource owner), who is interested in being  
>> discoverable by authenticated and authorized Clients.
>>
>> survey we will ask for your contact information and we might  
>> contact you to verify your email and authenticate your answers.
>>
>> instead of your browser's navigation. Each of your survey answers  
>> are saved in a local cookie when you click the "Next" button. So  
>> you could finish the survey in multiple sessions (using the same  
>> link), as long as you use the same browser on the same computer and  
>> have not cleared your cookies.
>>