Subject: [EToSat] Invitation to QUIC and Satellite - Open Stakeholder Meeting: 4th Nov 2020

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 14:13:27 +0100

There has been some discussion on ETSOSAT around satellite services 
using QUIC.

This email includes an invitation to an open on-line meeting to explore 
the IETF QUIC transport protocol and its implications on design and 
operation of SATCOM systems. After a brief overview of various work in 
progress, there will be a discussion of what needs to happen next 
relating to design and operation of satellite systems.

Information is available here:

https://ti.to/uoaerg/quic-and-satellite-open-stakeholder-meeting

It is free to participate, but pre-registration is required to joi. If 
you have any quetsions, or would like more information do not hessitate 
to contact me!

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst

====

QUIC and Satellite
Open Stakeholder Meeting

https://ti.to/uoaerg/quic-and-satellite-open-stakeholder-meeting

3:00pm – 4:30pm CET 4th November 2020

As the first IETF specifications are published, there is a unique 
opportunity to influence the design and deployment of this new protocol. 
QUIC also provides opportunities to influence the emerging 
specifications and promote extensions, which if widely supported, could 
offer significant benefit to satellite services.

People attending the meeting are invited to join an open discussion of 
what is now needed by the satellite communications sector, what 
additional requirements are important, how people can collaborate on 
research, how people can bring work to the IETF, and finally what steps 
might next be taken to understand requirements and to increase 
stakeholder engagement in the next steps from the satellite 
communications sector.

This open meeting is organised by the ESA MTAILS project 
(https://artes.esa.int/projects/mtails).

===

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 16:29:03 +0300

Hi,

On 2020-10-21, at 16:13, Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This email includes an invitation to an open on-line meeting to explore the IETF QUIC transport protocol and its implications on design and operation of SATCOM systems. After a brief overview of various work in progress, there will be a discussion of what needs to happen next relating to design and operation of satellite systems.
...
> It is free to participate, but pre-registration is required to joi. If you have any quetsions, or would like more information do not hessitate to contact me!

is this meeting held under the IETF Note Well?

Thanks,
Lars

---

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 15:30:53 +0100

> is this meeting held under the IETF Note Well?

Yes - that would make total sense, the IRTF note-well is now linked on 
the registration page.

Gorry

>
> _______________________________________________
> EToSat mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/etosat

-- 
G. Fairhurst, School of Engineering