Subject: [EToSat] QUIC and SATCOM meeting organized by The Networkin Channel

From: Nicolas Kuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 19:59:23 +0100

Dear all,

We are organizing a one-hour discussion on QUIC and SATCOM in the context
of The Networking Channel.
While some of you (all?) are aware of the context and issues, you may find
interest in joining us for the open discussion at the end.

Kind regards,

Nico

QUIC and its impact on secured transport layer management in SATCOM systems

Wed, 19th of January 2022

Time: 8am PDT, 11am EDT, 5pm CET, 1am JST

*Panel discussion with:*

   - Christian Huitema – Private Octopus Inc
   - Isabelle Hamchaoui – Orange Labs, France
   - Emile Stephan – Orange Labs, France
   - Alexandre Ferrieux – Orange Labs, France
   - John Border – Hughes Network Systems
   - Chi-Jiun Su – Hughes Network Systems
   - Marie-José Montpetit – MIT

*Organizer:*

   - Nicolas Kuhn – Project Manager Technical Lead at Centre National
   d’Études Spatiales, France

*Abstract:* QUIC was measured as taking a significant part of the volume
transmitted in broadband access, in particular because of the players
implementing it, such as Google or Facebook. QUIC hides the packet
transport headers and therefore impacts the classical in-network operations
that are deployed to adapt the congestion control in specific contexts or
manage the networks. More generally, this seminar discusses the impacts of
the deployment of secured transport layer protocols on in-network
operations and on end user experience in SATCOM systems.

*Register at: *
https://networkingchannel.eu/quic-and-its-impact-on-secured-transport-layer-management-in-satcom-systems/

*Contact:* www.networkingchannel.eu /
[email-masked]