Subject: [Extra] [FEEDBACK REQUEST] "Birds of a Feather (BOF)" on Email Security

From: Michael <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 10:07:07 -0800

It was suggested I cross post to these list(s), with only a few days 
left before the deadline for requesting a "Birds of a Feather" session, 
I am proposing that a meeting be held in Vancouver for a BOF suggestion 
surrounding all those that are interested in solving problems around 
email security.

Specifically, to determine how wide or narrow the scope of such a 
session should be.. we can discuss how IETF can weigh in some of our 
largest threats (such as POP and SMTP authentication over unencrypted 
networks is still enshrined in RFC's) various proposals for multi-factor 
authentication, improvements to the protocols to support other methods, 
such as our own CLIENTID as trust factors, access control tools, or two 
factor authentication, and any other topics that span across all email 
protocols.

Email security is one of the largest threats today, and it is an 
opportunity to weigh in what role the IETF can play in improving the 
situation.

The thread is posted on the [email-masked]' mailing list, and would like 
to see your feedback on what other cross protocol issues might be 
included, and or discussed as part of this BOF.

And of course, please feel free to chime in if you feel that this BOF 
should be more narrowly focused, or wider focused.

	-- Michael --

PS, Look forward to seeing everyone in Vancouver.

-- 
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Peddemors, President/CEO LinuxMagic Inc.
Visit us at http://www.linuxmagic.com @linuxmagic
A Wizard IT Company - For More Info http://www.wizard.ca
"MagicSpam" is a Registered TradeMark of Wizard Tower TechnoServices Ltd.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
604-682-0300 Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

This email and any electronic data contained are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and are not intended to represent those of the company.