Subject: [Extra] Martin Duke's No Objection on draft-ietf-extra-sieve-mailboxid-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Duke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 14:53:44 -0800

Martin Duke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-extra-sieve-mailboxid-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-extra-sieve-mailboxid/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Do I understand the example correctly in Section 4.1?

- If "Fnosuch" and "INBOX.no-such-folder" exist, it gets filed to Fnosuch.
- If "Fnosuch" exists but "INBOX.no-such-folder" does not, it's filed to
Fnosuch but INBOX.no-such-folder is created as well. - If "Fnosuch" does not
exist, it goes to "INBOX.no-such-folder", which is created if necessary.

If not, some additional clarification here would be useful.

* Similarly, am I correct that Section 6's example is functionally equivalent
to Section 4's example (although not demonstrating use of the test)? If so, the
"Note to implementers" might as well make that clear as well.

---

From: "Bron Gondwana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 21:40:40 +1100

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020, at 09:53, Martin Duke via Datatracker wrote:
> Fnosuch but INBOX.no-such-folder is created as well.

No, if Fnosuch exists, it is filed into, and no further evaluation follows.

> If not, some additional clarification here would be useful.

I guess so since you didn't get the intent!

> "Note to implementers" might as well make that clear as well.

Yes, the two examples have identical behaviour.  I can add a note to that effect.

Thanks,

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd
  [email-masked]