Subject: draft-ietf-fax-mime-fullmode-00.txt

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:07:27 -0700

This I-D defines a fax-specific receipt confirmation mechanism.

My comments on this I-D are as follows:

This fax-specific receipt confirmation is not compatible with the
existing email infrastructure or proposed standard for receipt
confirmation (RFC2298).  This fax-specific receipt confirmation only
promotes the further separation of fax over email and traditional
email, and provides no features beyond that already possible with
existing email standards (RFC2298) with extensions (such as those
defined by draft-ietf-fax-mdn-fullmode-02.txt or
draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-01.txt). 

I request the author withdraw this I-D or provide a rebuttal of the
several points previously raised against the mechanism ("FDN")
proposed in this I-D.

-Dan Wing

---

From: MAEDA toru <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 19:10:41 +0900

Wing-san

The purpose of the draft is compatible with the existing email 
infrastructure (and proposed standard for receipt confirmation).
If there is a compatible problem in the draft, please teach me what 
section or statement has problem that I can fix it.

I intend to write a mechanism in the draft that describes IFAX FullMode 
with capability exchange and confirmation without changing the existing 
email infrastructure. 

Regards.

Toru MAEDA
CANON Inc.

> several points previously raised against the mechanism ("FDN")
----------------------------
キヤノン株式会社
映像事務機システム推進プロジェクト
映像事務機３５設計部
前田 徹
郵便番号１４６
東京都大田区下丸子３−３０−２
電話   ０３−３７５７−９７３８
ＦＡＸ ０３−３７５７−８２０５
E-mail [email-masked]
----------------------------