Subject: RE: draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-01.txt

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 16:14:48 -0700

>> >      xmit-pages     = 1*DIGIT
>> >      media-feature-tags = *text <per [MEDIA-FEATURES] with LWS
>> wrapping>
>> >      bit-rate       = "110" / "300" / "1200" / "2400" / "4800" /
>> "9600" / 
>> >                       "14400" / "28800"
>> 
>	[McIntyre, Lloyd]  What is the purpose of listing these data
>rates? Is it: a) to reflect upper data rates for various modems or b) to
>reflect all the possible data rates that may be used by fax modems? 

To indicate the rate used by the modem *for this transmission*.

As has been pointed out on this list, though, the rate can be
renegotiated per-page and the syntax doesn't provide a mechanism
to indicate that occurred.  

Unless someone proposes a mechanism to show this per-page, I'm
going to drop it entirely - I simply don't see it as being
important information for an end user.

-Dan Wing