Subject: RE: draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-01.txt

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 18:13:15 +0100

[Regarding media feature citation in this memo...]

At 14:45 18/09/98 -0700, Dan Wing wrote:
>The media features shouldn't be fax only.

Agreed.

>[...]  The 
>draft-ietf-fax-reporting-extensions-03.txt document (unpublished) is 
>being modified to remove most of the fax-specific aspects of it so it
>can be useful for both SMTP->IPP gatewaying (and notifications) as
>well as to SMTP->GSTN-fax.
>
>Perhaps, as IPP doesn't define any CONNEG-style features, we'll have
>to just leave the reference to the (unpublished) 
>draft-ietf-fax-schema document, though....

If -reporting-extensions- is to be less fax specific, then maybe a
combination of media features and combining syjntax is right.  The fax
schema document would IMO cover these, but would necessarily be
fax-specific in places.

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])