Subject: Chair: [FAX] WG Last Call for "Full-Addressing"

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 11:56:42 -0400

Folks,  

At the Chicago meeting, we reviewed the "Full Address" draft and agreed
that would review it a bit further and then post a WG Last Call notice.
Since that time, the author has posted and updated draft and we have not
received any additional comments recently.   This draft also reflects
comments from various other constituencies, including the Mixer list and a
related URL addressing draft.  

This note will serve as the working group Last Call notice.   

This document has been reviewed during the past six months.    The document
now seems generally stable and reflects a consensus of the working group
and outside groups on these matters.   This document provides extensions
that go beyond the previously published RFCs 2303 and 2304.   

This document is being targeted for submission to the IESG as a Proposed
Standard.   It is also anticipated that the latest version of this document
will be submitted as an ISOC contribution  for review by the ITU-T Study
Group 8, Question 4 in early November.  

The details on the document are:   

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
>This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.
>
>	Title		: GSTN address element extensions in e-mail services
>	Author(s)	: C. Allocchio
>	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-fulladdr-04.txt
>	Pages		: 11
>	Date		: 17-Sep-98
>	
>   The possible elements composing a 'Global Switched Telephone Network
>   (GSTN) address in e-mail' (formerly known also as Public Switched
>   Telephone Network - PSTN) can vary from a minimum number up to a
>   really large and complex collection: the minimal format and general
>   address syntax are defined in [1], together with the syntax to define
>   additional address elements.

To retrieve the document:

>Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-ietf-fax-fulladdr-04.txt".
>A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
>
>ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-fulladdr-04.txt

In order to get a final review of the document, we will have a two week
Working Group Last Call, prior to submission of the final version to our
ADs and the secretariat.    

The deadline for comments is Oct 30, 1998, at 18:00 EDT.   

It is possible that we will have additional iterations of this document
during
the WG last call period if needed.   

Please send all comments to the ietf-fax mailing list.   

Regards, 

James Rafferty
Chair, IETF Internet Fax working group 
*------------------------------------------------*
James Rafferty			
President, Human Communications 	
12 Kevin Drive			
Danbury, CT  06811-2901		
USA					
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Email:  [email-masked]
	 [email-masked]

HC Web Site:  http://www.humancomm.com  
*---------------------------------------------------