Subject: Re: draft-ietf-fax-eifax-05.txt

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 20:03:15 +0100

At 08:44 07/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>>How about this for the second paragraph:
>>>
>>>   The recipient MUST NOT use the RFC822 "To:" field to determine
>>>   the ultimate destination mailbox or addressee, and SHOULD NOT use 
>>>   other RFC822 or MIME fields for making such determinations.
>>
>>My initial reaction is that these should be at the same requirement level.
>>But I suppose that there may be special case headers that justify the
>>second being slightly weaker (like that header that POP inserts?).
>
>It would permit a device to make 'routing' decisions based on the
>MIME content-type (for example), but prohibits using the To: field
>for any routing at all.

Of course!!  I wasn't reading/thinking properly, and missed the full
implication of what I was saying.  SHOULD NOT then seems about right.

Also, I agree Ned's point about extending MUST NOT to other RFC822
recipient fields.

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])