Subject: Update Richard Shockey's IPP/IFAX Paper

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:53:55 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Now available for comments at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ipp-fax/contributions/ipp2ifax04.doc (.txt)

(I have cross posted this message to all three mail list for those who
missed the announcement of the new IFX mail list.)

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:30:54 -0500

>missed the announcement of the new IFX mail list.)

The above document essentially concludes that IPP is a facsimile service
with little or no modification to the core IPP protocols but will require a
specific profile for IPP clients and servers to follow when used in a "fax
service" mode.

Both the IPP WG and this WG are pretty busy with upcoming deadlines so I do
not expect any real discussion of this document at this time.

I would like the Chair to possibly schedule some time in Orlando for review
of this Memorandum.

Additional comments on the document or flames are welcome at any time.

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC                  
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110    
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
Fax   314.918.9015
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : [email-masked]  
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<