Subject: Re: draft-ietf-fax-eifax-05.txt

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 16:16:21 +0100

At 23:59 05/10/98 -0700, Dan Wing wrote:

>>#   The recipient SHOULD NOT use any information other than the POP/IMAP
>>#   username to determine the destination mailbox or addressee of a message.
>>#   For example, no RFC822 field or other information within the message
>>body or
>>#   MIME parts should be treated as destination address information.
>>
>>(BTW, as I see it, the first paragraph *is* an interoperability
>>requirement.  Without this, rules for responsibility to generate DSN may be
>>broken.)
>
>How about this for the second paragraph:
>
>   The recipient MUST NOT use the RFC822 "To:" field to determine
>   the ultimate destination mailbox or addressee, and SHOULD NOT use 
>   other RFC822 or MIME fields for making such determinations.

My initial reaction is that these should be at the same requirement level.
But I suppose that there may be special case headers that justify the
second being slightly weaker (like that header that POP inserts?).

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])