Subject: Request for Informaton : Law of Fax outside the US.

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 20:00:33 -0600

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has documentation,
pointers, URL's ..anything on the law of fax and fax transmission other
than in the United States. What laws and regulations exist in the EC,
Japan, etc.

The reason for this is two fold:

A: Such information might be useful in defining the requirements for
IFAX/EIFAX onramp/offramp gateway behavior if and when the FAX WG takes up
that topic.

B. Such information might be useful in defining the requirements for the
use of IPP as a facsimile service.

If there are enough responses I'll be happy to compile them and post them
on the FAX as well as IPP lists.

Thanks.

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC                  
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110    
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
Fax   314.918.9015
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : [email-masked]  
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<