Subject: REVISED draft-ietf-fax-eifax-08.txt

From: "Larry Masinter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 16:28:27 PDT

Dear Cynthia,

I've just spoken to my co-author on the telephone, and I would like
to *revise* draft-ietf-fax-eifax-08.txt.

I want to add the following paragraph to the Abstract:

========================
   NOTE: The authors of this document have recently been made aware of
   several intellectual property claims that relate to the technology
   described in this document, including US patent 5812278. This
   disclosure is being made according to the rules laid out in RFC
   2026 and 2028, where contributors are required to disclose the
   existence of any proprietary or intellectual property rights in the
   contribution that are reasonably and personally known to the
   contributor. These intellectual property claims may interfere
   with this specification moving forward along standards track.
=========================

Attached is a revised version of the document with this notice
added.

---

From: Cynthia Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:07:42 -0400

Hi Larry,

Sure, no problem at all - I've just updated this
most current version which will be effective on all
remote sites by tonight (after midnight). I'll send
the announcement sometime tomorrow instead of today
due to the changes.

Kind Regards,

Cynthia
------------------------------------------------------
Cynthia Clark, IETF Internet-Drafts Publisher
E-mail Address preference:  <[email-masked]>
-------------------------------------------------------