Subject: [Fax] WG Last Call on Fax Feature Schema document

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 17:04:42 -0500

To all-   

As we agreed at the meeting last week, we will hold a one week working group
last call on the latest fax feature schema draft.   The document has been in a
WG last call for some time now, but some revisions were made since the last
posted version, so more time is provided to comment on the new version.   

For now, the latest version is accessible via FTP at:

<<http://www.imc.org/ietf-fax/temp-ietf-fax-feature-schema-03b.txt>http://w
ww.imc.org/ietf-fax/temp-ietf-fax-feature-schema-03b.txt>.

Shortly, we should have the official ID posting of version 4, which I believe
will be very close (if not exactly the same) in content.   

Please submit any comments during this time.  

The deadline for comments will be Wed. Dec 23rd at 5:00 P.M. eastern time.

It is possible that there will be further iterations of the document during
this time if needed.   Once the WG last call is complete, the plan will be to
submit this document, along with "eifax" and "reporting-extensions" to the
IESG.      

James Rafferty
chair, Internet Fax WG 
*------------------------------------------------*
James Rafferty			
President, Human Communications 	
12 Kevin Drive			
Danbury, CT  06811-2901		
USA					
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Email:  [email-masked]
	 [email-masked]

HC Web Site:  http://www.humancomm.com  
*---------------------------------------------------

---

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 12:29:05 +0000

At 17:04 16/12/98 -0500, James  Rafferty wrote:

[...]
>will be very close (if not exactly the same) in content.   

For information:
Recent changes in the -03b version are:

  03b  08-Dec-1998  Remove normative language and reference to RFC2119
                    (normative statements will be in the main fax
                    protocol draft).  Revise structure of colour
                    features, and removed color-palette feature.
                    Define colour feature tags specific to CIELAB
                    model and colour space.

The -04 version has been submitted for I-D publication.
The main changes are:

  04a  14-Dec-1998  Update examples to reflect revised feature tags.
                    Revise description of MRC document in section 3.7.
                    Remove Internet-draft boilerplate.  Clarified
                    interpretation of 'color=fixed'.  Change feature
                    value 'color=fixed' to 'color=limited'.

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])

---

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 16:54:39 -0500

To all -  

As posted to the list last week, we are doing a WG last call on the fax
feature schema document.   Since the -04 version was only posted to the ID
list yesterday (Dec 22) , it is rather large and it does have some new
material,.the WG last call deadline will be extended out by one week so
that the document can get some additional review time.   

This is an important document, so I encourage members of the WG to review
it one last time and send on the comments to the list.   

So, the revised deadline for comments in the WG last call is Wednesday, Dec
30, 5:00 P.M. eastern US time.   

Regards, 

James Rafferty
Internet Fax WG chair

>posted version, so more time is provided to comment on the new version.   
<snip>