Subject: DRAFT-IETF-FAX-FULLADDR-05.TXT - updates only

From: Claudio Allocchio +39 040 3758523 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 22:39:37 +0100

Hallo,
here is the only sections which were updated based on the few comments 
which came in both from this WG and others.

>Security section: align text with RFC2305

Some GSTN service require dialing of private codes, like Personal
Identification Numbers, to dial a G3 fax recipient or to access
special services. As e-mail addresses are transmitted without
encoding over the MTAs transport service, this could allow
unauthorized people to gain access to these codes when used inside
local-phone. More over these codes might appear in some cases in the
originator / recipient addresses on cover pages delivered via offramp
gateways to G3 fax recipients. Senders SHOULD be provided methods to
prevent this disclosure, like code encryption, or masquerading
tecniques: out-of-band communication of authorization information or
use of encrypted data in special fields are the available non-standard
techniques.

>Additional recipient-qualifier elements: make clear that these elements are
>OPTIONAL, and only the minimal necessary number of them should be used.

The recipient-name is sometimes not enough to specify completely the
originator / recipient. An additional set of optional elements is thus
defined:

... (elements table) ...

One or a combination of some of the above elements are usually enough
to exactly specify the originator / recipient of the message. The use
of a large number of these elements could in fact create a very long
recipient-qualifier. Thus only the strictly needed elements should
be used.

See you tomorrow!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio                          [email-masked]

tel: +39 040 3758523                       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio; O=elettra;
fax: +39 040 3758565                       P=Trieste; A=garr; C=it;