Subject: Re: Email server/client survey

From: Stuart_McRae <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:11:21 -0500

Hi..

[email-masked] wrote:

>I am looking for the Email server/client survey data that says which email
>server/client software is populer and what is the % of market share.
>
>Anybody help me to find the Email server/client survey data?
>Do you have any information about Email server and client software survey?

There's a lot of press being published on this right now as the final numbers
for 1998 come in (e.g. take a look at
http://www.crn.com/dailies/weekending012299/jan21dig16.asp). EMMS (see
http://www.tr.com/newsletters/emms/) is the most often quoted source for this
data, and IDC also published a report in this area recently (e.g. see
http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,31013,00.html?st.ne.ni.rel and www.idc.com).

I hope that helps,
Stuart

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:01:43 -0600

>>Do you have any information about Email server and client software survey?

On a related issue ... is anyone maintaining a list of which mail clients
support MDN?

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC                  
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110    
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
Fax   314.918.9015
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : [email-masked]  
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<