Subject: Hello from WINTER PARK,COLORADO

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 20:56:15 -0700

14 of your favorite Colorado ski resorts-Aspen to Winter Park!
Are you interested in a ski vacation that includes any of the following?
Condominiums,Private Homes and Hotels, lift tickets and Ski rentals.
Hello,
Low discounted airfare,Car rental, or Shuttle service.
Vacations Inc. toll free 888-686-3325
 EMAIL - [email-masked]  and www.vacationsinc.com
"NOBODY KNOWS the MOUNTAINS BETTER "

---

From: "COLES, RICHARD J. (JSC-EV)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:00:28 -0600

I bet that this guy's return address is a spoof.

I have had problems before with people like this, sending ads to my work
e-mail.  Sometimes I was successful in having it deleted, sometimes not.
The most successful was to go to the web address & contact the company being
advertised.  It was a gift-basket shop in NJ, who only wanted to advertise
to e-mail addresses in NJ.  When I called them, they fired the Net
advertiser they had hired for the purpose.  I could not respond to him
because he had spoofed his address.  Calling them was actually better,
because the advertiser could not ignore being fired by the client, while he
could easily ignore an angry e-mail.

Then again, I'm sure that most of you know a LOT more about this than I do.
I just wanted to comment on one of my rare successes.

Regards/RJC

> ----------
> From: 	[email-masked][SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 	Wednesday, February 17, 1999 21:56
> To: 	[email-masked]
> Subject: 	Hello from WINTER PARK,COLORADO
> 
	<<  balance of text deleted  >>