Subject: Proposal for Updated Internet Fax WG Milestones

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 16:42:33 -0500

Folks, 

At our last WG meeting, we discussed adding a few milestones to complete
our WG work in 1999.   

Since we have already completed most of what we set out to do originally,
adding the milestones is probably much more practical than attempting to do
a full re-chartering.  

In particular, most of what is proposed is a direct outgrowth of the
technical discussions we have had so far, as well as the implementation
expererience which we have begun to have over the past several months.    

So, as a discussion item for this upcoming meeting, here are a proposed set
of updated milestones to complete our work as the Fax WG THIS YEAR.   
I have not included any milestones on work that is now complete.   

As always, all comments are welcome!

James Rafferty
Chair, IETF Internet Fax working group

Proposed Update to Milestones on Internet Fax charter

Updated Internet Fax Milestones (proposed)  

Feb 99 Submit Internet Draft on Fax Cover Pages - done

Mar 99 Submit updated Internet Drafts for simple mode documents

Mar 99	Submit GSTN address element extensions in e-mail services
specification to the IESG for consideration as a standards track document

Mar 99  Discuss whether to combine simple/extended mode drafts in future

Apr 99 Submit Internet Draft on Internet Fax Implementor's Guide

May 99	Submit Internet Drafts on Onramp/Offramp considerations and Offramp
   reporting extensions 

June 99 Submit updated Internet Drafts for simple mode documents to IESG
for consideration as Draft Standards (or recycle as proposed if
simple/extended drafts combined)

June 99	Submit Internet Draft on Refinements to Reporting Extensions for
Internet Fax

June 99	Submit Internet Draft on On-Demand SMTP Delivery Profile for
Internet Fax

July 99 Submit Internet Drafts on Onramp/Offramp considerations to the IESG
for publication as informational and on Cover Pages and Offramp Reporting
as standards track

July 99 Submit Internet Draft on Internet fax implementor's guide to IESG
for publication as informational RFC

Oct 99	Submit Refinement to Reporting Extensions for Internet Fax to IESG
for consideration as a standards track document

Oct 99	Submit On Demand SMTP Delivery Profile document to IESG for
consideration as a standards track document

Nov 99  Final WG Meeting

*------------------------------------------------*
James Rafferty			
President, Human Communications LLC	
12 Kevin Drive			
Danbury, CT  06811-2901		
USA					
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Email/Internet Fax:  [email-masked]
	 [email-masked]
     [email-masked]

HC Web Site:  http://www.humancomm.com  
*---------------------------------------------------