Subject: Announcement for FaxConnect 2

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 13:41:51 -0800

Greetings again. The Internet Mail Consortium and the Internet FAX Study 
Association are pleased to announce the official dates for the FaxConnect 2 
interoperability event. The meeting will take place simultaneously in San 
Jose, California and Tokyo, Japan with an active link between the two 
sites. The dates are May 18-19, 1999 for California and May 19-20, 1999 for 
Japan.

The FaxConnect 2 interoperability event will cover fax over the Internet 
using new and pending standards from the IETF and ITU. Although many 
aspects of the "simple mode" for fax over Internet were well-tested at 
FaxConnect 1, more emphasis is needed on testing recipient addressing. 
Specifically, address parsing at offramps and gateways needs more explicit 
testing. Further, address creation by mail clients and onramps must be 
matched with the needs of the offramps and gateways. Of course, the basics 
of simple mode will also be tested again at FaxConnect 2, particularly 
testing of the TIFF profiles.

Full information on the event, including registration information, can be 
found at <http://www.imc.org/imc-faxconnect/>.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium