Subject: DRAFT-IETF-FAX-FULLADDR-05.TXT - new I-D

From: Claudio Allocchio +39 040 3758523 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:12:37 +0100

Hallo,
as there was a "formaal declaration error" in the 
DRAFT-IETF-FAX-FULLADDR-05.TXT I just re-submitted as a new I-D.

It will appear in the I-D directories soon. I already included the IANA 
consideration session, as requested by IANA, and a number of registration 
modules as appendix.

Please submit any further comment!

More over, now that we have available the IANA registration templates, we 
could, as discussed in Orlando, also register the other service-selector 
types (VOICE, AMIS, SMS), their eventual parameters and the new "cover" 
parameter. 

Any volunteer to write the relative RFCs ? For Voice and AMIS there was 
already a good starting point by Glenn Parsons. Antti, did you once 
proposed to register the format for GSM SMS and its parameters? 

regards,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio                          [email-masked]

tel: +39 040 3758523                       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio; O=elettra;
fax: +39 040 3758565                       P=Trieste; A=garr; C=it;

---

From: Antti Vähä-Sipilä <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 20:04:41 +0200

> proposed to register the format for GSM SMS and its parameters? 

Actually, I could start working on the GSM SMS service selector.

By the way, I've still got GSM SMS and tel:, modem: and fax: URLs as
Internet-Drafts, but there already exist implementations of those on
the market, so it is very likely that I am going to go ahead with them
and submit them to RFC editor soon. I have been all this time waiting
for the URLREG working group, but I think it's now time to move on - I
haven't received any comments for a long time, and I have been
requested by three separate implementors to freeze the URL specs.

> Claudio Allocchio

-- 
<URL:http://www.iki.fi/avs/> PGP 1B12745FA6BDC599:BCC128CAF19BE588
I speak only for myself. Replying to me on a mailing list? Cc: me.

---

From: Antti Vähä-Sipilä <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:45:57 +0200

Hello,

(About SMS service selector)
> Ok, for the IANA registration templates see the 
> last version DRAFT-IETF-FAX-FULLADDR-05.TXT

I've asked a representative of one other company who make software
which actually uses this service selector already to co-author this
with me. I try to get this to draft phase this month, but I am very
busy and this is not 1st priority. We'll try to take care of it,
though.

> I only have the usual suggestion: make clear in the spec that where the 
> syntax is different from the e-mail addressing spec it is because the URL 
> have a different use of special characters are "/" and ";".

I think this is already in.

> Claudio