Subject: WIDE/IFAX version 0.9.0

From: 木本雅彦 (Masahiko Kimoto) <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 22:41:56 +0900

Hi.

I'm Masahiko KIMOTO of WIDE Project and Tokyo Institute of Technology.

We are pleased to announce release of WIDE/IFAX. WIDE/IFAX is software
Internet FAX that runs on UNIX system. See 
http://www.ohnolab.org/researches/ifax for more details.
We have participated at FaxConnect1 held at December, 1998, and determined
connectivity with other implementations.

WIDE/IFAX is:
 - open source software.
 - free software.
 - RFC2305 compliant.
 - able to receive and send InternetFAX e-mail messages.
 - able to act as Off-ramp/On-ramp gateway.
 - able to run on many UNIX system (developed on BSD/OS 3.1).

Currently version of WIDE/IFAX is 0.9.0. As you see, middle number of
the version is odd. This release of WIDE/IFAX is under development. We
wish to release stable version (it may be version 1.0.0) soon.  If you
have any questions, comments and requests, please send e-mail to
[email-masked].

Thanks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Masahiko KIMOTO   <[email-masked]> -- http://www.ohnolab.org/~kimoto
WIDE Project.
Tokyo Institute of Technology.