Subject: Re: WIDE/IFAX version 0.9.0 (fwd)

From: Claudio Allocchio +39 040 3758523 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:57:43 +0100

I received this good news, and I've been told that I can announce them to 
the group, thus... here they are and congratualtions to the WIDE people 
for their always very prompt responses !

Claudio
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:21:54 +0900
From: Masahiko Kimoto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: WIDE/IFAX version 0.9.0

Hi Claudio

We would like to thank you, because it was significance reviewing for us.

  > yes, I do have a very important comment.
  > 
  > If you do not conform to RFC2303 and RFC2304 your s/w will have very 
  > serious interoperability problem when used at large scale i.e. on the  
  > internet.
  > 
  > I strongly suggest to conform to rfc2303, rfc2304 and to the upcpming fax 
  > full address mode in order to solve the very serious problems I already 
  > described in my message to the ietf-fax wg list some time ago.

Yes, we understand and agree what you pointed out. Actually, some
vendors, especially some fax machine vendors currently do not support
RFC2303 and RFC2304, we know. 

Talking about our implementation -- WIDE/IFAX, I've made some
modification on WIDE/IFAX last night. Now, WIDE/IFAX can correctly receive
RFC2304 address both '/fax=global-phone/@...' and 'fax=global-phone@...'.

Of course, WIDE/IFAX can receive T.33 sub address specified in the
form '/T33S=sub-addr'. But WIDE/IFAX ignores T.33 sub addresses,
because we cannot find any faxmodems supporting T.33. If there are
faxmodems supporting T.33, we can easily support T.33 subaddress to be
fully compliant with RFC2304.

Thanks,
Masahiko KIMOTO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Masahiko KIMOTO   <[email-masked]> -- http://www.ohnolab.org/~kimoto
WIDE Project.
Tokyo Institute of Technology.