Subject: RE: Question on FaxConnect Results..

From: "McIntyre, Lloyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:36:53 -0800

Dan,
I was not promoting a standard or extension of the standard to address cover
page.

I believe the this has been will continue to be an implementation issue.

Lloyd

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:03:07 -0800 (PST)

> I believe the this has been will continue to be an implementation issue.

So long as an SMTP-to-GSTNfax gateway ("offramp") does not expect
a coverpage, yes, I agree.

If the law requires the sender identify itself when transmitting a fax
over GSTN, it is the responsibility of the device doing the transmission
over the GSTN to provide such identification -- not the user doing the
sending (the user doing the sending is already sending identifying
information in the RFC822 From header).

-Dan Wing