Subject: TIFF-FX clarification

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:43:18 -0700

To all -

A question came up on the TIFF-FX specification, RFC 2301 during the Fax
Connect II testing today.   

In section 2.2.2, there is text under the definition of fill order that
says that all TIFF readers must be able to read both bit orders.   

However, Profile S only requires support for the LSB first bit order (value
=2 ) and this is stated in two places within that section (3) of RFC 2301.

The agreement reached in the WG was that Profile S does have some
constraints that the other profiles do not have, including this restriction
of a single permitted bit order.   

This will require a correction to the text of the updated draft for the RFC
(draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-00.txt

Regards, 

James

*------------------------------------------------*
James Rafferty			
President, Human Communications LLC	
12 Kevin Drive			
Danbury, CT  06811-2901		
USA					
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Email/Internet Fax:  [email-masked]
	 [email-masked]
     [email-masked]

HC Web Site:  http://www.humancomm.com  
*---------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Buckley, Robert R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 01:10:55 -0400

James,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will make the appropriate
changes to the text of the TIFF-FX spec (draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-00.txt).

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: James Rafferty [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 1999 6:43 PM
To: Ietf-Fax
Cc: Dennis Venable; Glenn Parsons; Lloyd McIntyre; Buckley,Rob R; Steve
Zilles
Subject: TIFF-FX clarification

To all -

Regards, 

James