Subject: [Fax] Internet Fax Working Group - Request for IESG Consideration

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:05:28 -0400

The Internet Fax Working Group requests IESG approval for publication of 
the following document, with the specified status. 

DOCUMENT:

GSTN address element extensions in e-mail services 

draft-ietf-fax-fulladdr-06.txt 

Status: Proposed Standard

Technical Summary:

This document defines a comprehensive syntax for incorporating E.164
telephone addresses on the Left Hand Side of electronic mail addresses.
This syntax includes all of the elements previously defined within the
standards track document RFC 2303 "Minimal PSTN address format in Internet
Mail", plus additional elements that were not included within that
document.   This document also includes the necesssary IANA considerations
so that current and future phone address elements can be properly
registered after review within the IETF.   

This document has been under review in the WG and in other communities
interested in telephony address elements during the past year.    At our
last IETF meeting, it was felt that the document was stable, excepting the
need to finalize the IANA considerations and registrations, which have been
included in this latest draft.   

The draft has completed an Internet Fax working group Last Call and no
further changes were needed during this period.        The VPIM list was
also copied on the WG last call, since they are preparing drafts which use
this work.      

Consequently, this document has been reviewed by the Internet fax working
group and by other maling lists such as VPIM and Mixer and we believe the
document meets the technical and quality requirements of these groups.   

James Rafferty
Chair, IETF Internet Fax WG

*------------------------------------------------*
James Rafferty			
President, Human Communications LLC	
12 Kevin Drive			
Danbury, CT  06811-2901		
USA					
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Email/Internet Fax:  [email-masked]
	 [email-masked]
     [email-masked]

HC Web Site:  http://www.humancomm.com  
*---------------------------------------------------