Subject: [Fax] Last Call Summary for Full Addressing

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 10:47:15 -0400

Folks,  

We recently held a working group last call for the Full Addressing document
as noted below:      

>Title : GSTN address element extensions in e-mail services 
>Author(s) : C. Allocchio 
>Filename : draft-ietf-fax-fulladdr-06.txt 
>Pages : 23 
>Date : 26-Apr-99 
>
>The possible elements composing a 'Global Switched Telephone Network 
>(GSTN) address in e-mail' (formerly known also as Public Switched 
>Telephone Network - PSTN) can vary from a minimum number up to a 
>really large and complex collection: the minimal format and general 
>address syntax are defined in [1], together with the syntax to define 
>additional address elements.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is: 
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-fulladdr-06.txt

The last call period began on May 7 and was scheduled to complete on May
21st.   However, there were some late comments received from H. Tamura,
concerning the applicability of this work to handle interactions between
Internet fax and Group 4 facsimile.    As a result, some additional time
was given for these comments to be considered.    The comments were
reviewed and the conclusion was that no further changes were required for
the draft.   

This document has been under review in the WG and in other communities
interested in telephony address elements during the past year.    At our
last IETF meeting, it was felt that the document was stable, excepting the
need to finalize the IANA considerations and registrations, which were
added for this version of the draft.   

Therefore, the WG Last Call is now officially closed and I will plan to
forward this document to the IESG for standards track consideration.    

I am also ccing the VPIM list, since they are working on documents which
reference this draft.   

James Rafferty
Chair, IETF Internet Fax WG

*------------------------------------------------*
James Rafferty			
President, Human Communications LLC	
12 Kevin Drive			
Danbury, CT  06811-2901		
USA					
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Email/Internet Fax:  [email-masked]
	 [email-masked]
     [email-masked]

HC Web Site:  http://www.humancomm.com  
*---------------------------------------------------