Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:33:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: File Format for Internet Fax (revised)
	Author(s)	: R. Buckley,  D. Venable, S. Zilles,  L. McIntyre,
                          G. Parsons, J. Rafferty
        Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-01.txt
	Pages		: 84
	Date		: 25-Jun-99
	
This document is a revised version of Proposed Standard RFC 2301.
The revisions, summarized in the list attached as Annex C to this 
document, are based on the discussions and suggestions for improvements 
that have been made since the Proposed Standard was issued in March 1998, and on the results of independent implementations and interoperability testing.

This RFC 2301 revision describes the TIFF (Tag Image File Format)
representation of image data specified by the ITU-T Recommendations
for black-and-white and color facsimile. This file format
specification is commonly known as TIFF-FX. It formally defines
minimal, extended and lossless JBIG profiles (Profiles S, F, J) for
black-and-white fax, and base JPEG, lossless JBIG and Mixed Raster
Content profiles (Profiles C, L, M) for color and grayscale fax. These
profiles correspond to the content of the applicable ITU-T
Recommendations. Files formatted according to this specification use
the image/tiff MIME Content Type.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.