Subject: CORRECTION: RE: comment on feature-T30-mapping-01.txt

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 15:49:23 +0100

My apologies:
in my previous message I made a basic omission and error.

I meant to say...

[...]

(e) add a new feature tag:

    (image-buffer-size<=n)            {maximum image buffer size}

The idea here is that use of the image-buffer-size tag would indicate that
the receiver has limits on the amount of image data it can buffer:
effectively, in the context of a TIFF image, this would describe a
limitation on the separation between image data and IFD that can be
handled.  A simple interpretation of this feature by senders would be
..................................................^^^^^^^^^^
that the IFD placement must follow the recommendations in RFC2301 if the
image is to be processable by the recipient.  (But recipients should still
...................................................^^^^^^^^^^
allow arbitrary placement as long as buffering capability is not exceeded.)

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])