Subject: Was it "Bigger than.." SPAM??

From: "Paul Smeulders" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:06:17 -0400

When i received the original e-mail, Subject "bigger than Y2K", I looked at
the originators name: unfamiliar, then the address "[email-masked]":
unfamiliar, yet mysterious in its name.

I considered it spam, like one of those "reply to us if you don't want any
more mail like this", which is exactly the opposite of what really happens.
Someone is looking for a list of valid addresses, I suspect. I don't know
what the reality is, but I chose NOT to respond to the sender. I haven't
seen contributions to the fax list from that sender before, sorry to be
suspicious, but the subject doesn't match the group's agenda...not even
close. I agree with Mr. Hoffman below.

Paul Smeulders

On Wednesday, August 25, 1999 12:42 PM, Paul Hoffman / IMC
[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
> Um, I don't see how this thread relates to Internet fax. There are lots of

> other places to discuss Y2K issues. Could we drop it from this mailing
list?
> 
> --Paul Hoffman, Director
> --Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: Cimarron Buser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:20:37 -0400

To all and [email-masked] list manager:  This particular ISP has been the
source of fraudulent activity (including credit card fraud for use of
telecomm services); I would warn all to avoid contact or reply to this; if
the list-master has addresses from this domain, I would strongly recommend
removal of them.

============================================================
Cimarron Buser              tel: (617) 557-4300 x311
FaxNet Corporation          fax: (617) 747-3550
98 N. Washington Street     email: [email-masked]
Boston, MA  02114 USA       web: http://www.faxnet.net
============================================================