Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-feature-schema-v2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 06:58:37 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Content feature schema for Internet fax
	Author(s)	: G. Klyne, L. McIntyre
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-feature-schema-v2-00.txt
	Pages		: 67
	Date		: 27-Sep-99
	
This document revises the content feature schema described in RFC
2531, with clarifications to some of the feature tag descriptions
and addition of one new feature tag.
This content feature schema is a profile of the media feature
description mechanisms [1,2,3] for use in performing capability
exchange between extended Internet fax systems [5].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-feature-schema-v2-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-feature-schema-v2-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-feature-schema-v2-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Marc ROBERT <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:34:55 +0100

Gentlemen,

Please excuse me for interrupting your highly technical conversations

but, since I regularly read your notes (some, I understand, most
I don't !!!)

I thought perhaps you could guide me on the way to my solution.

I'm looking for a piece of software that can receive faxes from
ordinary

fax-machines on a standard telephone/fax line, save those pages
in a

single file in a "standard" file type (.bmp, doc, pdf ...)
and let me directly

attache it to an E-mail and have it relayed via internet.

Now, I would also be pleased with an intermediate solution, that
would

comprise a file converter directly compatible with the fax software
file-type

that would output any standard file-type named above...

I'm running a PC Windows 95 based machine and a US Robotics modem.

Once again, please accept my appologies for interrupting

but I really need to be helped.

Many many thanks

Best regards,

Marc ROBERT

Deltam Conseils

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

[email-masked] wrote:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
Internet-Drafts directories.

This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the
IETF.

Title
: Content feature schema for Internet fax

Author(s)
: G. Klyne, L. McIntyre

Filename
: draft-ietf-fax-feature-schema-v2-00.txt

Pages
: 67

Date
: 27-Sep-99

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username

Send a message to:

[email-masked].

In the body type:

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document
in

MIME-encoded form by using
the "mpack" utility.  To use this

feature, insert the command
"ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"

command.  To decode
the response(s), you will need "munpack" or

a MIME-compliant mail reader.
Different MIME-compliant mail readers

exhibit different behavior,
especially when dealing with

"multipart" MIME messages
(i.e. documents which have been split

up into multiple messages),
so check your local documentation on

how to manipulate these
messages.

Internet-Draft.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>