Subject: coverpage RFC

From: "Michael J. Ruhl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 16:48:39 -0700

Howdy,

In the minutes of the last IETF meeting, it was noted that my draft on
coverpage identification was a good idea, but people did not like the
use of multipart/fax-message.  I offered to update that to
multipart/related but was told that somebody else was going to be
writing a draft along these same lines.

I was just wondering if that new draft was still being worked on, or
if I should revise my draft in preparation for the next IETF?

Thanks,

Mike

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 20:14:35 -0500

>if I should revise my draft in preparation for the next IETF?

Mike ..I agree this work is a good idea, but I think the difficulties with 
multipart/fax were coming out of discussions in the VPIM WG which has not 
made a final determination on which way to go as part of VPIM V.3. I would 
suggest coordinating efforts with Glen Parsons of Nortel or Greg Vandrueil 
( I'm sure I've spelled his name wrong) of Lucent on this effort on behalf 
of the FAX WG.

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : [email-masked]
GSTN Fax 314.918.9015
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<