Subject: Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-ffpim-00.txt

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:17:03 -0700

At 07:27 AM 10/28/1999 , =?ISO-2022-JP?B?IhskQkEwRUQhIUUwGyhCIg==?= wrote:
>Dave-san
>
>I have been proposing internet-drafts about Full Mode which is to install
>capability exchange and confirmation for an ifax device, in IETF fax-wg for
>several years .

Maeda-san,

I apologize for the confusion, and especially for not discussing this draft 
with you, before it was issued.  It was deveoped very quickly and we had a 
very tight deadline.  We felt that it was essential to get the draft issued 
so it could be discussed at the Washington IETF.

The document was developed as a result of the discussions in England in 
which you and I participated, and as a result of your continued strong 
reminder that the industry needs the T.37 specifications to provide *full* 
equivalence to T.30 functionality.

The FFPIM specification IS intended to provide exactly the additional 
required functionality.  That is, we hope and intend that it will qualify 
as a true "full mode", exactly as you have been seeking.

The current documents are incomplete, but I believe they provide a very 
good basis for achieving the goal.  We are looking forward to your 
participation in this effort and hope that you will continue to press for a 
complete solution.

d/

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Dave Crocker                 675 Spruce Drive        Tel: +1.408.246.8253
Brandenburg Consulting    Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA    Fax: +1.408.273.6464
<mailto:[email-masked]>            <http://www.brandenburg.com>

---

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 14:07:48 +0200

Please see my comments below.    

>participation in this effort and hope that you will continue to press for a 
I would also note that the term "full mode" basically originated in the work 
that led up to the approval of the F.185 recommendation.    

As Dave has noted, you certainly have been an active contributor in attempting
to realize the full mode and your continued participation is valuable.    

My sense is that the WG and the ITU-T Q4 can evaluate the work as it
proceeds and determine
whether the term "Full Mode" should apply to it.   

In light of this, it probably makes sense to add a reference to F.185 in
the FFPIM 
draft.    

James

*------------------------------------------------*
James Rafferty			
President, Human Communications LLC
12 Kevin Drive			
Danbury, CT  06811-2901		
USA					
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Fax to email:  +1-603-925-5753  (Current Preferred Fax Number)
Email/Internet Fax:  [email-masked]
Alternate email : [email-masked],
 [email-masked] (chg from csi.com)

HC Web Site:  http://humancomm.com 
*---------------------------------------------------