Subject: Resend: QUALDOCS BOF Schedule for IETF 46

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:44:12 -0500

My sincerest apologies .. I wanted to make a more reasoned and rational 
note to send out but this should teach me to try and do mail at 1AM after 
getting off a airplane and hitting SEND before I knew what I was doing.

The news is obviously that QUALDOCS has a 1hr BOF scheduled in Washington 
DC on Tue Nov the 9th between 1 and 2 PM directly before the IPPEXT BOF in 
the same room which could be helpful to many of the potential participants.

 From the final agenda:

Tuesday
1130-1300  Break
1300-1400  Afternoon Sessions I
Executive   APP  deltav    Web Versioning and Configuration Management WG
######### Embassy     APP  qualdocs  Quality Document Transfer BOF ########
Hampton     INT  dhc       Dynamic Host Configuration WG
Ambassador  OPS  opsarea   Operations & Management Area Meeting
Palladian   SEC  xmldsig   XML Digital Signatures WG
Regency     TSV  diffserv  Differentiated Services WG
Blue        TSV  sigtran   Signaling Transport WG

1415-1515  Afternoon Sessions II
Executive   APP  deltav    Web Versioning and Configuration Management WG
##### Embassy     APP  ippext    IPP Extensions BOF ########
Hampton     INT  dhc       Dynamic Host Configuration WG
Ambassador  OPS  opsarea   Operations & Management Area Open Meeting *
Regency     RTG  idmr      Inter-Domain Multicast Routing WG *
Palladian   SEC  xmldsig   XML Digital Signatures WG
Empire      TSV  decides   Deployment Considerations of Implementing Diff. 
Svs BOF
Blue        TSV  sigtran   Signaling Transport WG

As for an agenda I would propose the following.

1. Intro - Richard Shockey -  Agenda Bashing 5 Min

2. Quick review of some things that were discussed at that last BOF on this 
subject in Minneapolis-  10 min ( notes below )

3. We have a draft Goals Document that needs to be reviewed. 15 min

>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klyne-qualdoc-goals-01.txt

  We should make some decision whether this draft is suitable as a separate 
document or is more appropriate as an addendum to  RFC 2542 the Goals and 
Requirements for Internet Fax document authored by Larry Masinter.

4. Review of the old charter. I'll re post it shortly. 10 Min

5. On that basis we should discuss possible directions the work could 
take.  Both the IETF FAX group and the IPP group within the IETF are 
looking at future directions. Its possible that both groups may re charter 
for new work. At the last BOF it was pretty clear that there were 2 basic 
avenues to take .. either use IPP 1.1as the baseline protocol or some form 
of  SESSION like mode.

If you have other charter items you all think should be discussed please 
let me know ASAP!

#########

For notes on what happened at the last BOF refer to Jacob Palme wonderful 
notes on this and many other BOF's at IETF 44.

http://www.dsv.su.se/~jpalme/ietf/ietf-march-99-notes.html

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : [email-masked]
GSTN Fax 314.918.9015
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<