Subject: fax number - email address database

From: John Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 00:37:21 +1000

Greetings.

Does anyone have any knowledge of a fax number - email address database?

I am thinking of a database derived from a web site where the owner of a
fax phone line may go to a web site and voluntarily register an email
address to be associated with their fax number which can be used to receive
faxes as TIFF attachments rather than a direct fax message at certain
times. (eg fax number busy or temporarily unavailable). 

I beleive the availability of such a database would make life easier for
many people. Any comments?

John

---

From: "Shawn Ang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:17:11 +0800

Helo John,

Why don't the owners just register the Email-to-Fax's email address with a
directory or print it on the business card..

regards.

Shawn