Subject: [fax]Working Group last call on Progressing Simple Mode documents

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 12:35:57 -0500

Folks,   

At the last Internet Fax WG meeting in DC, we reviewed the status of the
Simple
Mode documents.    As discussed at that meeting, the documents have been
stable
for some time now.   

Therefore, this is a Working Group last call notice for the collection of
drafts which 
have updated the Simple Mode documents which are currently RFC 2301, RFC
2303-4
and RFC 2305.    The WG last call period will be for two weeks and expire
at the close of
business day on Monday, December 6.    

Upon completion of the WG last call and availability of necessary
interworking documentation, 
the intent will be to submit the documents in final form to the IESG for
consideration as Draft Standards.   

If necessary, RFC 2302 or a successor draft will also be among the
documents proposed for progression to Draft Standard.    

The drafts and their titles are as follows:   

draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-04.txt - File Format for Internet Fax
draft-ietf-fax-service-v2-01.txt - A Simple Mode of Facsimile Using
Internet Mail
draft-ietf-fax-faxaddr-v2-00.txt - Minimal FAX address format in Internet Mai
draft-ietf-fax-minaddr-v2-00.txt - lMinimal GSTN address format in Internet
Mail

RFC 2302 is still the current document for the image/tiff IANA registration
considerations for image/tiff
as it has been extended to support Internet Fax.   

Please send comments as needed on these documents to the ietf-fax list.    

James Rafferty
Chair, IETF Internet Fax WG

*------------------------------------------------*
James Rafferty			
President, Human Communications LLC
12 Kevin Drive			
Danbury, CT  06811-2901		
USA					
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Fax to email:  +1-603-925-5753  (Current Preferred Fax Number)
Email/Internet Fax:  [email-masked]
Alternate email : [email-masked],
 [email-masked] (chg from csi.com)

HC Web Site:  http://humancomm.com 
*---------------------------------------------------