Subject: [Fax] Summary of DC Internet Fax WG Meeting

From: James Rafferty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:59:13 +0100

To all -  

Attached is the summary of the Internet Fax WG meeting held today on 
Sept. 11.    

Internet Fax WG Summary

Chair James Rafferty reviewed the status of ITU cooperation, noting that the
ITU has approved the amendment 1 to T.37, referencing the extended mode RFCs
2530-2532.   Two communications to the ITU from the WG chair were also well 
received and indicated directions for further work on full mode and
synchornization
between the two groups.   It was agreed at this meeting that another
communication
should be prepared by mid-January to report on new WG developments on these
topics.
The full addressing draft is still awaiting IESG review.   The status of
the simple mode
updated drafts was reviewed.   Since the documents appear to be stable, it
was agreed
 that all 4 drafts should be sent out after this meeting for working group
Last Call.   The 
interworking information for RFC 2301 and 2305 appears sufficient to
proceed to draft std, 
but the chair renewed a call for companies to step forward to complete the
necessary 
interworking tests for the 
RFC 2303-4 offramp addressing documents.    The status of ongoing drafts
was reviewed.  
The room supported sending the updated fax feature schema draft to WG Last
Call, with 
the target being to re-cycle at the Proposed Standard level due to
technical changes.   The 
related T.30 mapping draft will also be put on WG last call.    The cover
page draft is still 
in process and depends on the outcome of multipart messages where fax is
the primary content type.   
New drafts for an implementer's guide and full mode facilities (service,
capability negotiation
and time delivery) were presented.     In a charter review, it was noted
that the existing milestones are nearly 
complete.    The potential new work appears to be sufficient in scope to
justify re-chartering the WG
or creating a new WG.   A first pass at a new charter was briefly presented
and will be discussed
on the list.    

*******************************************************************

*------------------------------------------------*
James Rafferty			
President, Human Communications LLC
12 Kevin Drive			
Danbury, CT  06811-2901		
USA					
Voice/Fax:  +1-203-746-4367
Fax to email:  +1-603-925-5753  (Current Preferred Fax Number)
Email/Internet Fax:  [email-masked]
Alternate email : [email-masked],
 [email-masked] (chg from csi.com)

HC Web Site:  http://humancomm.com 
*---------------------------------------------------