Subject: WG Last Call for gateway IDs

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:38:40 +0900 (JST)

Folks,

This is a Working Group Last Call notice for
draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-06.txt and
draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-04.txt.

We agreed to WG Last Call with very minor modification at London.
The updated IDs are available now. We can do WG Last Call.

The WG Last Call period is 2 weeks. It closes on November 5.
If you have "last comments", please send them to our ML by Nov 5.

---------------------------------------------------------------
draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-06.txt

                     Internet FAX Gateway Functions

Abstract

   An Internet FAX Gateway provides functions which translate facsimile
   between the general switched telephone network (GSTN) the Internet.
   This document provides information on recommended behaviors for 
   Internet FAX Gateways Functions for email-based Internet fax. 
   In this context, an Offramp means facsimile data transmission to the
   GSTN from the Internet, and onramp means facsimile data transmission 
   to Internet from the GSTN. This document covers the delivery-process 
   of the data among equipment which may include Internet Fax terminals,
   PCs on the Internet and FAX terminal on GSTN. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-04.txt(informational)

        Guideline of optional services for Internet FAX Gateway

Abstract

   An Internet FAX Gateway provides functions which translate facsimile
   between the general switched telephone network (GSTN) the Internet.
   This document provides information on guideline of optional services
   and some examples for an Internet FAX Gateway classified as an onramp
   gateway and an offramp gateway.
   So this document does not intend to specify the actions that ifax
   offramp and onramp Gateways conform to.
   This document covers Drop Duplication, Automatic re-transmission,
   Error Behavior, When send return notice, Keep log, for an offramp
   gateway. Example of authorization by DTMF, Keep log, for an onramp
   gateway.
---------------------------------------------------------------

--
Hiroshi Tamura, Co-chair of IETF-FAX WG
E-mail: [email-masked]