Subject: RFC 3192 on Minimal FAX address format in Internet Mail

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 16:52:54 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3192

        Title:	    Minimal FAX address format in Internet Mail
        Author(s):  C. Allocchio
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       October 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 18880
        Obsoletes:  2304
        Updates:    2846

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fax-faxaddr-v2-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3192.txt

This memo describes a simple method of encoding Global Switched
Telephone Network (GSTN) addresses of facsimile devices in the
local-part of Internet email addresses.

This document is a product of the Internet Fax Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

---

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 16:50:44 -0800

RFC 3191

        Title:	    Minimal GSTN address format in Internet Mail
        Author(s):  C. Allocchio
        Status:     Standards Track
	Date:       October 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 24235
        Obsoletes:  2303
        Updates:    2846

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-fax-minaddr-v2-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3191.txt

This memo describes a simple method of encoding Global Switched
Telephone Network (GSTN) addresses (commonly called "telephone
numbers") in the local-part of Internet email addresses, along with an
extension mechanism to allow encoding of additional standard
attributes needed for email gateways to GSTN-based services.

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

...

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 21:36:00 +0900 (JST)

Hello, Claudio!

Congratulation for the Draft Standards.
They are the first Draft Standards for our FAX WG.

> This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

I appreciate your hard work and all that contribute them,
especiallay the people that did interoperability tests.

--
Hiroshi Tamura, Co-chair of IETF-FAX WG
E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:17:37 +0100

> They are the first Draft Standards for our FAX WG.

Thank you, and a special one to all who contributed to it!

:-)

Regards,
Claudio