Subject: [IETF-FAX] Request for IESG Consideration for FAX-Gateway I-Ds

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 07:47:35 +0900 (JST)

Dear Ned,
Dear Patrik,
Dear IETF secretary,
 
I am Hiroshi Tamura, a co-chair of IETF FAX WG.

The Internet Fax Working Group requests IESG approval for publication of 
the following document, with the specified status. 

.....................................................................

Internet FAX Gateway Functions
draft-ietf-fax-gateway-protocol-06.txt
 
Status: Proposed Standard
 
Summary:
 
   An Internet FAX Gateway provides functions which translate facsimile
   between the general switched telephone network (GSTN) the Internet.
   This document provides information on recommended behaviors for 
   Internet FAX Gateways Functions for email-based Internet fax. 
   In this context, an Offramp means facsimile data transmission to the
   GSTN from the Internet, and onramp means facsimile data transmission 
   to Internet from the GSTN. This document covers the delivery-process 
   of the data among equipment which may include Internet Fax terminals,
   PCs on the Internet and FAX terminal on GSTN. 

Working Group Last Call Result:
 
 All the points made by London meeting are covered in the I-D.
 The I-D was submitted for IETF-FAX WG Last Call on October 22.
 During WG LC period, there were no comments. It sucessfully finished.
 
.....................................................................

Guideline of optional services for Internet FAX Gateway
draft-ietf-fax-gateway-options-04.txt

Status: informational

Summary:

   An Internet FAX Gateway provides functions which translate facsimile
   between the general switched telephone network (GSTN) the Internet.
   This document provides information on guideline of optional services
   and some examples for an Internet FAX Gateway classified as an onramp
   gateway and an offramp gateway.
   So this document does not intend to specify the actions that ifax
   offramp and onramp Gateways conform to.
   This document covers Drop Duplication, Automatic re-transmission,
   Error Behavior, When send return notice, Keep log, for an offramp
   gateway. Example of authorization by DTMF, Keep log, for an onramp
   gateway.
        
Working Group Last Call Result:
 
 All the points made by London meeting are covered in the I-D.
 The I-D was submitted for IETF-FAX WG Last Call on October 22.
 During WG LC period, there were no comments. It sucessfully finished.
.....................................................................
 
Best Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura
IETF FAX WG co-chair