Subject: draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-10.txt

From: "McIntyre, Lloyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:58:35 -0800

All,
Due to an oversight, the change list for draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-10.txt was
not included in recently issued draft. A copy of the change list is provided
below.

A new TIFF-FX draft (i.e. draft 11), reflecting the change list and any
other identified edits, will be issued prior to the December meeting cut-off
date.

Lloyd

   +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
   | No.| Section |           Edit Nov. 01, 2001                    |
   +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
   | 1. |  12 &   | Deleted S. Zilles as an author, per Adobe's     |
   |    | Page 0  | request.                                        |
   |    | Author  |                                                 |
   |    | list    |                                                 |
   +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
   | 2. |  9      | In response to the image/tiff compatibility     |
   |    |         | issue, a new image/tiff-fx content-type has been|
   |    |         | added. Profiles S & F are required to use       |
   |    |         | either image/tiff or image/tiff-fx while        |
   |    |         | Profiles J, C, L & M and any future TIFF-FX     |
   |    |         | extensions must use image/tiff-fx. Use of the   |
   |    |         | application parameter has been discontinued     |
   |    |         | since UAs do not accommodate its use.           |
   +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
   | 3. |  9.1    | Deleted Section 9.1 since application parameters|
   |    |         | are no longer being used.                       |
   +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
   | 4. |Table of | Added image/tiff-fx to Section 9 heading and    |
   |    |Contents | deleted Section 9.1, per items 2 & 3 above.     |
   +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+
   | 5. | 11      | Revised the [TIFF-REG] reference to reflect the |
   |    |         | latest draft and added [TIFF-FX-REG] reference. |
   +----+---------+-------------------------------------------------+

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 4:17 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-10.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: File Format for Internet Fax
	Author(s)	: R. Buckley, D. Venable, L. McIntyre,
                          G. Parsons, J. Rafferty
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-10.txt
	Pages		: 86
	Date		: 05-Nov-01
	
This document is a revised version of RFC 2301.
The revisions, summarized in the list attached as Annex C to this 
document, are based on the discussions and suggestions for 
improvements that have been made since RFC 2301 was issued in March 
1998, and on the results of independent implementations and
interoperability testing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-10.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-tiff-fx-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:17:02 +0900 (JST)

To all,

The information below is useful, I believe.
If you prepare the new I-D, please do before the cut-off date.

>> November 21 - Internet Draft final submission cut-off at 17:00 ET 

Also, please prepare the explanation of the detailed plan for the meeting.

BTW, do not expect my early response within this month.

Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura, Co-chair of IETF-FAX WG
E-mail: [email-masked]