Subject: WG Last Call for draft-ietf-fax-timely-delivery-05.txt

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 07:56:26 +0900 (JST)

Folks,

This is a Working Group Last Call notice for
draft-ietf-fax-timely-delivery-05.txt

We agreed to the WG Last Call at London meeting
after the items indicated at the meeting were modified.
The updated ID is available.

The WG Last Call period is 2 weeks. It closes on December 6.
If you have "last comments", please send them to our ML by that time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstract

  This specification provides a way to request timely completion for
  Internet mail delivery, for services such as facsimile and voice
  messaging.  Traditional Internet mail uses a _postal_ mail model,
  with normal delivery having an indeterminate gap between delivery
  into a mailbox and processing by the recipient.  Timely completion
  adds a timelines service feature and extends delivery processing
  all the way to the recipient.  This specification provides a
  deterministic service quality response, while preserving most of
  the traditional roles and responsibilities of the agents involved
  in email transfers.

  It is essentially a profile of the Delivery Service Notification
  (DSN) and DELIVERBY extensions for ESMTP, along with a new TIMELY
  option to DELIVERBY with a new deterministic service quality
  response.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura, Co-chair of IETF-FAX WG
E-mail: [email-masked]