Subject: [IETF-FAX] Request for IESG Consideration for two I-Ds

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:59:08 +0900 (JST)

Dear Ned,
Dear Patrik,
Dear IETF secretary,
 
I am Hiroshi Tamura, a co-chair of IETF FAX WG.
Thanks for your usual support for our WG.

The Internet Fax Working Group requests IESG approval for publication of 
the following two I-Ds, with the specified status. 

.....................................................................
1

Timely Completion for Internet Messaging Services
<draft-ietf-fax-timely-delivery-05.txt>

Status: Proposed Standard

Summary:

  This specification provides a way to request timely completion for
  Internet mail delivery, for services such as facsimile and voice
  messaging.  Traditional Internet mail uses a _postal_ mail model,
  with normal delivery having an indeterminate gap between delivery
  into a mailbox and processing by the recipient.  Timely completion
  adds a timelines service feature and extends delivery processing
  all the way to the recipient.  This specification provides a
  deterministic service quality response, while preserving most of
  the traditional roles and responsibilities of the agents involved
  in email transfers.

  It is essentially a profile of the Delivery Service Notification
  (DSN) and DELIVERBY extensions for ESMTP, along with a new TIMELY
  option to DELIVERBY with a new deterministic service quality
  response.

Working Group Last Call Result:
 
The I-D was submitted for IETF-FAX WG Last Call on November 22 last year.
During WG LC period, there were no comments.
It sucessfully finished on December 6. So far, the editors and the
wg chairs were confirming a few things. Excuse me for my slow action.

.....................................................................
2

Tag Image File Format (TIFF) - image/tiff 
  MIME Sub-type Registration 
<draft-ietf-fax-tiff-regbis-04.txt>

Status: Best Current Practice

Summary:

   This document describes the registration of the MIME sub-type 
   image/tiff.  The baseline encoding is defined by [TIFF].  This 
   document refines an earlier sub-type registration in RFC 1528 
   [TPC.INT]. 
    
   This document obsoletes RFC2302. 

Working Group Last Call Result:

The I-D reflects London and SLC meeting results, regarding TIFF-FX issue.
It only describes image/tiff.
It was submitted for IETF-FAX WG Last Call on February 14.
During WG LC period, there were no comments.
It sucessfully finished on February 28.

.....................................................................

Best Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura
IETF FAX WG co-chair

---

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 11:08:13 +0000

I think it's worth highlighting that this has a small normative dependency on:

   draft-vaudreuil-1983ext-xx.txt

(it uses a new status code listed there) and it might make sense to 
consider both at the same time.

#g
--

BTW, I don't expect to be at the forthcoming IETF meeting.

>wg chairs were confirming a few things. Excuse me for my slow action.

------------------------------------------------------------
Graham Klyne                    Baltimore Technologies
Strategic Research              Content Security Group
<[email-masked]>    <http://www.mimesweeper.com>
                                 <http://www.baltimore.com>
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Hiroshi Tamura <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 20:29:03 +0900 (JST)

Ned,
Patrik,
IETF secretary,

As Graham commented, I request as follows. Excuse me for it.

....................................................
1

Summary:

The I-D was submitted for IETF-FAX WG Last Call on November 22 last year.
During WG LC period, there were no comments.
It sucessfully finished on December 6. So far, the editors and the
wg chairs were confirming a few things. The I-D has a small normative
dependency on draft-vaudreuil-1983ext-xx.txt. It should be considered
at the same time. Excuse me for my slow action.

......................

Regarding the second one (draft-ietf-fax-tiff-regbis-04.txt),
the original request is valid.

.................

Graham,

Thanks for your addition.

Best Regards,
--
Hiroshi Tamura
IETF FAX WG co-chair