Subject: FW: RFC 3654 on Requirements for Separation of IP Control and Forwarding

From: "Putzolu, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:41:12 -0800

All,

The RFC editor has completed processing the ForCES requirements
and it is now an official RFC, number 3654.  This is the second 
RFC the ForCES working group has produced - thanks and 
congratulations to the authors, editors, ADs, and WG participants 
in this effort!

-David

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 12:22 PM
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RFC 3654 on Requirements for Separation of IP Control and
Forwarding

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3654

        Title:      Requirements for Separation of IP Control and
                    Forwarding
        Author(s):  H. Khosravi, T. Anderson, Eds.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 40418
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-forces-requirements-10.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3654.txt

This document introduces the Forwarding and Control Element Separation
(ForCES) architecture and defines a set of associated terminology.
This document also defines a set of architectural, modeling, and
protocol requirements to logically separate the control and data
forwarding planes of an IP (IPv4, IPv6, etc.) networking device.

This document is a product of the Forwarding and Control Element
Separation Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.