Subject: Redirect Message

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:51:47 -0400

Based on discussion, and based on my earlier message that specific protocol 
messages may have different top level TLVs, here is a description of the 
contents of a redirect message.

A redirect message will contain a redirect TLV.
A redirect TLV consists of three fixed fields, and meta-data TLV, and the 
packet.
The fixed fields are
o the LFB Class ID of the redirect source or redirect sink LFB on the FE 
associated with this packet
o the LFB Instance ID of the redirect source or redirect sink LFB on the FE 
associated with this packet
o an index within that LFB to identify configured properties of the packet.

The meta-data TLV contains dynamic information needed by the FE or CE to 
process the packet.  This will need to be spelled out in more detail.  It 
may need to use path encoding.

Following this will be the packet.

Yours,
Joel