Subject: Re: [issue31] Necessity of Notification Response Message

From: Weiming Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 22:39:34 +0800

My thought is if we decide not to have a uniformly formated ACK message in the protocol messages, we may need such event notification response message.

thanks,
Weiming
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Avri Doria" <[email-masked]>

New submission from Avri Doria <[email-masked]>:

6.7.2

  Editorial Note:  There is a debate on whether the Event
                       Notification Response Message is necessary or
                       not.  The pro for it is some event notification
                       senders may be interested in knowing if receivers
                       have had success/unsuccess receptions of the
                       events or not.  An alternative to generate such
                       response is for the protocol to define a
                       universal ACK message so that it can act as
                       responses for any types of messages as well as
                       the event notification messages, when the message
                       senders are interested in knowing whether the
                       messages have been successfully received or not
                       (different from the responses for the message
                       processing results).

----------
category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-forces-protocol
messages: 48
nosy: avri
priority: Must fix
status: No discussion
title: Necessity of Notification Response Message

___________________________________________________
Forces issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/forces/issue31>
___________________________________________________