Subject: LFBClassID

From: Evangelos Haleplidis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:19:22 +0200

Greetings to the list,

This is an editorial comment.

In Page 43 of the Protocol draft, the FE Protocol LFB Class ID is assigned
to the value of 0x01.
"The FE Protocol LFB Class ID is assigned the value 0x1."

In Appendix B of the Protocol draft page 80 the FE LFB is assigned the
value of 0x02.

In Page 82 of the Model draft, the FE Object LFB Class ID is assigned to
the value of 0x01.
"This LFB will have a class, FEObject.  The LFBClassID for this class is 1."

Two corrective actions are needed:

1. Page 80 of the Protocol draft:
"FE LFB" should be changed to "FE Object LFB" for clarification reasons.

2. Page 82 of the Model draft:
"The LFBClassID for this class is 1." should be changed to "The LFBClassID
of the FE Object LFB is assigned the value of 0x02".

Regards,

Evangelos Haleplidis.

---

From: Weiming Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 23:28:49 +0800

Hi Evangelos,

Thank you again for the review. I think it will be fixed by the protocol and the
model for the consistency.

thanks,
weiming

---

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:34:50 -0500

Please open a tracker entry for this so the person editing doesnt miss
it.

cheers,
jamal

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 10:59:41 -0500

Thank you.  We need to be clear about which LFB Class is being described in 
each case.
I believe that the agreement was that the FE Object LFB Class would use 
class ID 1
and the FE Protocol Object LFB Class would use class ID 2.
In each case, the singular instance of the class would use instance ID 1.

We need to make sure that the same values are used in all places they occur.
The FE Object Class ID is specified in the Model draft, and referenced in 
the protocol draft.
The FE Protocol Object Class ID is currently defined and referenced within 
the protocol draft.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

---

From: Weiming Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 00:05:37 +0800

I agree with this. The 0x00 ID should be reserved.

Weiming