Subject: Re: Next steps for the ForCES protocol draft

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:27:13 -0800

Hi Avri,

Any update on the new rev of the ForCES protocol draft?

Thanks
Hormuzd 

-----Original Message-----
From: Forwarding and Control Element Separation
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Putzolu, David
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 3:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [FORCES] Next steps for the ForCES protocol draft

All,

The ForCES protocol draft is nearly complete. The following 
steps will be followed in completing the draft:
* All issues that remain open should be reviewed and closed.
  The protocol draft authors have taken the lead on this,
  with feedback and help from the list and specifically those
  who opened the issues.  This step should be done by Feb 6.
* A new version of the draft will be created and submitted by
  the current editor, Avri Doria, by Feb 10.  This assumes
  there will not be any major changes to the draft, only small
  corrections. 
* The draft is being reviewed by Sue Hares of the routing
  directorate and by the list.  We expect this to take one
  to two weeks.  
* Assuming all of the above goes well, the draft will be submitted 
  to the IESG for review by Feb 24 at the latest. 
* The draft will have a normative dependency on the model draft.
  Thus, while it can be reviewed by the IESG and pass IETF LC,
  it will not exit the RFC editor's queue as an RFC until the
  model does so as well.

-David & Patrick