Subject: [forces] RFC 6041 on Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Applicability Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:07:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6041

        Title:      Forwarding and Control Element Separation 
                    (ForCES) Applicability Statement 
        Author:     A. Crouch, H. Khosravi,
                    A. Doria, Ed.,
                    X. Wang, K. Ogawa
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28098
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-forces-applicability-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6041.txt

The Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) protocol
defines a standard framework and mechanism for the interconnection
between control elements and forwarding elements in IP routers and
similar devices.  In this document we describe the applicability of
the ForCES model and protocol.  We provide example deployment
scenarios and functionality, as well as document applications that
would be inappropriate for ForCES.  This document is not an Internet 
Standards Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Forwarding and Control Element Separation Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC