Subject: [forces] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC3746 (5340)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 01:37:26 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC3746, "Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Framework". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5340

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-04-27
Held by: Martin Vigoureux (IESG)

Section: 4.3

Original Text
-------------
   FEs and CEs may join and leave NEs dynamically (see [4] Section 5,
   requirements #12).  When an FE or CE leaves the NE, the association
   with the NE is broken.  If the leaving party rejoins an NE later, to
   re-establish the association, it may need to re-enter the pre-
   association phase.  Loss of association can also happen unexpectedly
   due to a loss of connection between the CE and the FE.  Therefore,
   the framework allows the bi-directional transition between these two
   phases, but the ForCES Protocol is only applicable for the post-
   association phase.  However, the protocol should provide mechanisms
   to support association re-establishment.  This includes the ability
   for CEs and FEs to determine when there is a loss of association
   between them, and to restore association and efficient state
   (re)synchronization mechanisms (see [4] Section 5, requirement #7).
   Note that security association and state must also be re-established
   to guarantee the same level of security (including both
   authentication and authorization) exists before and after the
   association re-establishment.

Corrected Text
--------------
   FEs and CEs may join and leave NEs dynamically (see [4] Section 4,
   requirements #12).  When an FE or CE leaves the NE, the association
   with the NE is broken.  If the leaving party rejoins an NE later, to
   re-establish the association, it may need to re-enter the pre-
   association phase.  Loss of association can also happen unexpectedly
   due to a loss of connection between the CE and the FE.  Therefore,
   the framework allows the bi-directional transition between these two
   phases, but the ForCES Protocol is only applicable for the post-
   association phase.  However, the protocol should provide mechanisms
   to support association re-establishment.  This includes the ability
   for CEs and FEs to determine when there is a loss of association
   between them, and to restore association and efficient state
   (re)synchronization mechanisms (see [4] Section 4, requirement #7).
   Note that security association and state must also be re-established
   to guarantee the same level of security (including both
   authentication and authorization) exists before and after the
   association re-establishment.

Notes
-----
Incorrect reference to Section 5.

https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5337

--------------------------------------
RFC3746 (draft-ietf-forces-framework-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Framework
Publication Date    : April 2004
Author(s)           : L. Yang, R. Dantu, T. Anderson, R. Gopal
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Forwarding and Control Element Separation
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG