Subject: [forces] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC3746 (5338)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 01:34:38 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC3746, "Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Framework". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5338

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-04-27
Held by: Martin Vigoureux (IESG)

Section: 3.2

Original Text
-------------
   a change via asynchronous messages (see [4], Section 5, requirement
   #6).
...
   This architecture permits multiple FEs to be present in an NE.  [4]
   dictates that the ForCES Protocol must be able to scale to at least
   hundreds of FEs (see [4] Section 5, requirement #11).  Each of these
   FEs may potentially have a different set of packet processing
...
   When multiple FEs are present, ForCES requires that packets must be
   able to arrive at the NE by one FE and leave the NE via a different
   FE (See [4], Section 5, Requirement #3).  Packets that enter the NE

Corrected Text
--------------
   a change via asynchronous messages (see [4], Section 4, requirement
   #6).
...
   This architecture permits multiple FEs to be present in an NE.  [4]
   dictates that the ForCES Protocol must be able to scale to at least
   hundreds of FEs (see [4] Section 4, requirement #11).  Each of these
   FEs may potentially have a different set of packet processing
...
   When multiple FEs are present, ForCES requires that packets must be
   able to arrive at the NE by one FE and leave the NE via a different
   FE (See [4], Section 4, Requirement #3).  Packets that enter the NE

Notes
-----
Incorrect reference to Section 5.

see also: https://www.rfc-editor.org/verify_errata_select.php?eid=5338

--------------------------------------
RFC3746 (draft-ietf-forces-framework-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Framework
Publication Date    : April 2004
Author(s)           : L. Yang, R. Dantu, T. Anderson, R. Gopal
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Forwarding and Control Element Separation
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG