Subject: [forces] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC3746 (5339)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 01:33:42 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC3746, "Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Framework". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5339

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-04-27
Held by: Martin Vigoureux (IESG)

Section: 4.2.1

Original Text
-------------
   The ForCES Working Group has made a conscious decision that the first
   version of ForCES will be focused on "very close" CE/FE localities in
   IP networks.  Very Close localities consist of control and forwarding
   elements that are either components in the same physical box, or
   separated at most by one local network hop ([8]).  CEs and FEs can be
   connected by a variety of interconnect technologies, including
   Ethernet connections, backplanes, ATM (cell) fabrics, etc.  ForCES
   should be able to support each of these interconnects (see [4]
   Section 5, requirement #1).  When the CEs and FEs are separated
   beyond a single L3 routing hop, the ForCES Protocol will make use of
   an existing RFC 2914 [3] compliant L4 protocol with adequate
   reliability, security, and congestion control (e.g., TCP, SCTP) for
   transport purposes.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The ForCES Working Group has made a conscious decision that the first
   version of ForCES will be focused on "very close" CE/FE localities in
   IP networks.  Very Close localities consist of control and forwarding
   elements that are either components in the same physical box, or
   separated at most by one local network hop ([8]).  CEs and FEs can be
   connected by a variety of interconnect technologies, including
   Ethernet connections, backplanes, ATM (cell) fabrics, etc.  ForCES
   should be able to support each of these interconnects (see [4]
   Section 4, requirement #1).  When the CEs and FEs are separated
   beyond a single L3 routing hop, the ForCES Protocol will make use of
   an existing RFC 2914 [3] compliant L4 protocol with adequate
   reliability, security, and congestion control (e.g., TCP, SCTP) for
   transport purposes.

Notes
-----
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5337

--------------------------------------
RFC3746 (draft-ietf-forces-framework-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Forwarding and Control Element Separation (ForCES) Framework
Publication Date    : April 2004
Author(s)           : L. Yang, R. Dantu, T. Anderson, R. Gopal
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Forwarding and Control Element Separation
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG