Subject: Draft frnetmib minutes

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 20:36:33 -0500

These are the draft minutes for Tuesday's frnetmib meeting.  Please send me
comments if you see any mistakes or omissions.  Many thanks to Ken Rehbehn
for recording these minutes.

Andy

-------

Frame Relay Service MIB (frnetmib) Draft Working Group Minutes
Tuesday, December 8, 1415-1515
Chair: Andrew Malis, Ascend Communications <[email-masked]>
Minutes recorded by Ken Rehbehn <[email-masked]>
Mail List Discussion: [email-masked]

GOAL

Andy announced the restarting of the Frame Relay Service MIB Working Group
following a one-year period of inactivity.  In the near future, the mail
list will be moved and an archive shall be created.

REVIEW OF LAST MEETING

Andy reviewed the results from the last meeting held in December 1997.
Changes between version 01 and 02 of the Frame Relay Service MIB were
reviewed. A new version 03 was planned with the intention of adding new
objects in support of the Frame Relay Forum FRF.12 Fragmentation
Implementation Agreement (see the discussion about RFC1604 update below). A
new SPVC MIB was started with Bill Coutts as editor. A number of other MIBs
were pending (DCE SVCs, FR/ATM IWF, Multilink, and FRF.11), however
volunteers are needed to make progress.

RFC1604 UPDATE, draft-ietf-frnetmib-frs-mib-02.txt

Version 03 of the FRS MIB was never published and version 02 has expired as
an internet draft.  The previous editor, David Fowler, has made the MIB
available to the new editor, Ken Rehbehn, who will post version 03 as an
internet draft. Several new ifIndex alias objects are present in the
current text.  Ken will work with David to determine the disposition for
these items. The new Frame Relay Fragmentation objects will be included in
Version 03. The new version of the FRS MIB is expected to be published by
January.

SPVC MIB, draft-ietf-frnetmib-spvc-02.txt

Bill Coutts is the SPVC MIB editor.  Bill was unable to attend the meeting
and Andy presented the status. Frame Relay Soft PVCs (SPVCs) use SVCs to
link two PVC endpoints.  The concept eases the administrative burden and
increases circuit resiliency.  The SPVC MIB stores the required
cross-connect information at each endpoint.  Version 02 of the MIB was
published last month.  Working group members are asked to review the draft
and make comments on the mailing list.

FRAME RELAY TO ATM PVC INTERWORKING MIB, draft-ietf-frnetmib-atmiwf-00.txt

Andy reported that George Mouradian is no longer serving as editor of the
FR/ATM PVC Interworking MIB.  Ken Rehbehn will take over this task
following update of the FRS MIB.

FRAME RELAY DTE SVC MIB, draft-ietf-frnetmib-dte-svc-00.txt

Andy reported that Don Cochrane is prepared to post an updated version of
this MIB.  This extends the RFC 2115 MIB to support SVCs. The Internet
Draft is expected within a month.

FRAME RELAY FRF.9 DATA COMPRESSION MIB, draft-ietf-frnetmib-dcp-02.txt

Andy reported that the old editors have not yet been contacted.  The MIB
had gone to last call before activity in the group came to a halt.  In an
attempt to stimulate discussion on the mailing list, the working group
decided to forward the MIB in its current state to working group last call.

ADDITIONAL WORK ITEMS

Editors are requested for a DCE SVC MIB and an FRF.11 Voice over Frame
Relay MIB.  Andy asked that anyone interested on working on these to please
contact him.

CHARTER/WORK PLAN

A new work plan is required.  The current work plan on the working group's
web page has completion dates for 1996.  The chair will propose a new work
plan on the mail list.

OPEN DISCUSSION

No participants had topics for the open discussion, and the meeting was
adjourned.