Subject: (FRNETMIB) Frame Relay Service MIB Trap Prefix Missing

From: "Rehbehn, Kenneth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:43:42 -0500

While reviewing the Frame Rleay Service MIB I noticed that the trap is
defined as follows:

          frnetservTraps    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { frnetservMIB 2 }

          frPVCConnectStatusChange  NOTIFICATION-TYPE
              OBJECTS { frPVCConnectIndex,
                        frPVCConnectLowIfIndex,
                        frPVCConnectLowDLCIIndex,
                        frPVCConnectHighIfIndex,
                        frPVCConnectHighDLCIIndex,
                        frPVCConnectL2hOperStatus,
                        frPVCConnectH2lOperStatus,
                        frPVCEndptRcvdSigStatus }
              STATUS  current
              DESCRIPTION
                      "This trap indicates that the indicated PVC has
                      changed state.  This trap is not sent if an FR-UNI
                      changes state; a linkDown or linkUp trap should be
                      sent instead.  The first instance of
                      frPVCEndptRcvdSigStatus is for the endpoint with
                      LowIfIndex, LowDLCIIndex.  The second instance of
                      frPVCEndptRcvdSigStatus is for the endpoint with
                      HighIfIndex, HighDLCIIndex"
              ::= { frnetservTraps 1 }

I think we need to add the SMI V2 prefix of "0" to aid in conversion to
SNMP V1 MIBs.  I propose to add the following:

          frnetservTraps    OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { frnetservMIB 2 }
          frnetservTrapsV2  OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { frnetservTraps 0 }

          frPVCConnectStatusChange  NOTIFICATION-TYPE
              OBJECTS { frPVCConnectIndex,
                        frPVCConnectLowIfIndex,
                        frPVCConnectLowDLCIIndex,
                        frPVCConnectHighIfIndex,
                        frPVCConnectHighDLCIIndex,
                        frPVCConnectL2hOperStatus,
                        frPVCConnectH2lOperStatus,
                        frPVCEndptRcvdSigStatus }
              STATUS  current
              DESCRIPTION
                      "This trap indicates that the indicated PVC has
                      changed state.  This trap is not sent if an FR-UNI
                      changes state; a linkDown or linkUp trap should be
                      sent instead.  The first instance of
                      frPVCEndptRcvdSigStatus is for the endpoint with
                      LowIfIndex, LowDLCIIndex.  The second instance of
                      frPVCEndptRcvdSigStatus is for the endpoint with
                      HighIfIndex, HighDLCIIndex"
              ::= { frnetservTrapsV2 1 }

Should this change be made?

Ken

---------------------------------------------------------------
Ken Rehbehn                              Phone: +1-301-296-2325
Visual Networks                            Fax: +1-301-296-2302
2092 Gaither Rd                EMail: [email-masked]
Rockville, MD  20850              http://www.visualnetworks.com

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe frnetmib' in the body of the message.