Subject: (FRNETMIB) draft-ietf-frnetmib-frs-mib-06 Available for Comment

From: "Rehbehn, Kenneth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 23:38:34 -0400

The file draft-ieft-frnetmib-frs-mib-06.txt has been sent to the IETF
Secretariat for posting in the I-D directory.  It is available for
inspection at:

ftp://ftp.visualnetworks.com/pub/ietf/draft-ietf-frnetmib-frs-mib-06.txt

Please review this text and get comments back to me before Friday's I-D
deadline.

To aid in your review, I have enclosed a PDF file that shows a Word "Diff"
between -05 and -06.  Check out the "REVISION" clause for the description of
what changed.  The DIFF file is available for inspection at:

ftp://ftp.visualnetworks.com/pub/ietf/draft-ietf-frnetmib-frs-mib-06-DIFF.pd
f

Most of the changes in this version were in response to the review conducted
by Bob Stewart in his role of WG Technical Advisor.  Highlights of Bob's
comments are:

- Fix up the discusion of the System Group.  Ver -05 says "this group is not
instantiated".

- Change the new read-write objects to use the convention xxxAdmin and
xxxOper.  Since we had an existing set of xxxOper objects named xxx, I left
these intact.  I did change the name xxxRW to xxxAdmin for all effected
objects.

- Establish a range for FRF.12 fragment sizes.

- Don't say "value is equal to noSuchInstance"

- Add UNITS and REFERENCE clauses

Bob raised the issue of how instance-level access control works with these
tables.  I was unable to address this question.  My main concern is that
this MIB already exists - should we add more text dealing with this issue?

Finally, I added a compliance module to address the new read-write "switch"
model of the MIB.  In doing so, I removed the new RW objects (now xxxAdmin)
objects from the service compliance module.

SMICNG compiles the file without error.

Please review my changes carefully.  It would be good to get changes in
before Friday so that ver -07 can be posted to the I-D directory before
Oslo.

Thanks,
Ken

---------------------------------------------------------------
Ken Rehbehn                              Phone: +1-301-296-2325
Visual Networks                            Fax: +1-301-296-2302
2092 Gaither Rd                EMail: [email-masked]
Rockville, MD  20850              http://www.visualnetworks.com

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe frnetmib' in the body of the message.

---

From: "DAVID FOWLER" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 15:05:26 -0400

Hey Ken!

Glad to see an updated copy.  Looks good to me.  The changes clarify a number
of things.

Regards,
David