Subject: (FRNETMIB) Service Level Definition MIB Issues

From: Rob Steinberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:40:23 -0400

The following are the issues concerning the Service Level Definitions
MIB pointed out during the Oslo meeting and by various people since
the draft was published.

  1. There are several typos in the document that need to be
     corrected. RESOLUTION: This will be taken care of in the next
     version of the draft.
  2. It was pointed out that draft-white-slapm-mib-04.txt contains
     similar information.  RESOLUTION:  This MIB pertains to
     TCP/IP policy monitoring.  We did not see a strong correlation
     between what is in this MIB and what we want in the SLD MIB.
     However, there are some conceptual ideas that we will borrow from
     the MIB.
  3. Behaviors of MIB row objects and relations to other Frame Relay
     tables are not explained in the text.  RESOLUTION: This
     information will be expanded to include behaviors for
     DLCI delete, and other status changes as well as further
     information concerning relation to RFC 2115 and RFC 1604.
  4. There can only be one sample group per PVC. RESOLUTION: We will
     separate all of the sample controls into a different table.  This
     will allow us to control more than one sampling group per PVC.
  5. Using sample packets instead of sample period for the data sample
     table is a bit funny. RESOLUTION: Will switch to sample period.
  6. The network delay information should be reported in microseconds
     instead of milliseconds to ensure future use of MIB. RESOLUTION:
     This will be changed.

These problems will be addressed in the next version of the draft.

Thanks for any comments.

Rob Steinberger

X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe frnetmib' in the body of the message.