Subject: (FRNETMIB) frnetmib draft minutes

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 06:08:27 -0400

Here are the draft minutes from yesterday's frnetmib meeting.  Please send 
comments and corrections to the list.

Thanks,
Andy

--------

Frame Relay Service MIB (frnetmib) Working Group Minutes
IETF-45, Oslo

Date: Tuesday, July 13, 1700 - 1800

Chair: Andrew Malis, Lucent Technologies, [email-masked]

Minutes recorded by Andrew Malis

Mailing List Information:
Discussion: [email-masked]
EMail Archive: ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/frnetmib/
(un)subscribe requests to: [email-masked]

Agenda:

1. Administrivia, current documents status

2. Ken Rehbehn and Orly Nicklass, draft-ietf-frnetmib-atmiwf-
    02.txt, Definitions of Managed Objects for Monitoring and
    Controlling the Frame Relay/ATM PVC Service Interworking
    Function

3. Rob Steinberger and Orly Nicklass, draft-steinberger-frmrelay-
    service-00.txt, Definitions of Managed Objects for Frame Relay
    Service Level Definitions

4. Open discussion

Agenda Item 1: Administrivia, current document status

Andy presented the agenda. There were no request for changes or
additional agenda items.

Following the review of the agenda, Andy presented on overview of
the status of work in the frnetmib group.

The following drafts are in progress:

- draft-ietf-frnetmib-frs-mib-06.txt, Definitions of Managed
   Objects for Frame Relay Service, Ken Rehbehn, Dave Fowler

This draft is in IESG review following WG last call, and has
already been revised based on IESG comments.  It will need
another small change to support the FR/ATM IWF MIB.  This was
discussed later in the meeting.

- draft-ietf-frnetmib-spvc-02.txt, Frame Relay Switched PVC MIB,
   Bill Coutts

This was forwarded to IESG for publication as Proposed Standard
RFC, and comments were returned from the IESG.  Bill has been
busy, but plans to update the draft based upon the comments.

- draft-ietf-frnetmib-atmiwf-02.txt, Definitions of Managed
   Objects for Monitoring and Controlling the Frame Relay/ATM PVC
   Service Interworking, Ken Rehbehn, Orly Nicklass, George
   Mouradian

We heard about this draft later in the meeting.

- Rob Steinberger and Orly Nicklass, draft-steinberger-frmrelay-
   service-00.txt, Definitions of Managed Objects for Frame Relay
   Service Level Definitions

We heard about this draft later in the meeting.

- draft-ietf-frnetmib-dte-svc-00.txt, Don Cochrane

- draft-ietf-frnetmib-dcp-02.txt, Moji Kashef, Jaime Colom

Andy has been in contact with the authors, and they have
expressed interest in reviving these drafts.

Andy also presented proposed updates to the WG's charter, goals,
and milestones, since the current charter and milestones are very
out of date.  They were accepted by the group, and will be sent
out by Andy to the frnetmib email list in a separate message.

Agenda Item 2: Ken Rehbehn and Orly Nicklass, draft-ietf-
frnetmib-atmiwf-02.txt, Definitions of Managed Objects for
Monitoring and Controlling the Frame Relay/ATM PVC Service
Interworking Function

Ken discussed the outstanding issues from the last meeting and
the changes since then.

There was only one remaining outstanding issue from the last
meeting that Ken still plans to add to the MIB, ATM fault code
and location objects.

Outstanding issues to be resolved:

- Polish descriptive text
- Alter MIB name to reflect experimental status
- Prepare draft for technical advisor review
- Address cross connection model changes for ATM MIB and FRS MIB

Ken reviewed the cross-connection model, and discussed possible
changes to the ATM and FRS MIB to accommodate the IWF MIB.  He
presented two options for changes to the ATM and FRS MIB models
(these had already been presented on the email list as well). The
WG reached consensus on Ken's first proposed model.  Andy will
take the action of discussing the AtoM MIB changes with the chair
of the AtoM MIB WG and the Internet and Management Area
Directors.  The group also agreed upon a similar change to the
Frame Relay Service MIB.

Agenda Item 3: Rob Steinberger and Orly Nicklass, draft-
steinberger-frmrelay-service-00.txt, Definitions of Managed
Objects for Frame Relay Service Level Definitions

Rob presented an overview of the SLD MIB, which is based on FRF.13
from the Frame Relay Forum (Frame Relay Service Level Definitions),
and uses the model and reference points defined in that document.

Ken noted that there is a somewhat similar MIB, draft-white-
slapm-mib-04.txt.  He suggested that we study it and decide whether
we should be doing something on our own, or should do work in
conjunction with that MIB.  We noted that it was an individual
submission, and it was unclear to us which (if any) WG is considering
or working on it.  Opportunities for synergy will be investigated.

Rob and Orly will continue work on the MIB.  Comments to the list are
invited.

Agenda Item 4: Open Discussion

No additional items were brought up, and the group adjourned.

________________________________________________________________________
Andrew G. Malis  [email-masked]  phone:978 952-7414  fax:978 392-2074
Lucent Technologies                 1 Robbins Road    Westford, MA 01886
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe frnetmib' in the body of the message.