Subject: (FRNETMIB) FR/ATM IWF Cross-connection Package Available

From: "Rehbehn, Kenneth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:46:30 -0400

I have finished the FRS MIB, FR/ATM Service IWF MIB, and the revised RFC
2514v2 recommendation text.  These files can be found at:

ftp://ftp.visualnetworks.com/pub/ietf/fr-atm-iwf-package.zip

The FRS MIB is in IESG last call and comments received have been
incorporated.  This MIB now points to the FR/ATM Service IWF MIB in cases of
an interworked connection.  A placeholder RFC # is used for reference to the
future FR/ATM Service IWF MIB RFC.

The FR/ATM Service IWF MIB is finally ready for review.  It contains a
placeholder RFC # to the next iteration of the ATM MIB Textual Conventions
RFC (currently RFC 2514).  Please review this MIB carefully.  Substantial
editorial changes have been incorporated to clearly describe how a
cross-connect is established and destroyed.  As a result of the scope of the
changes, it is not practical to provide you with a change-bar version.
Substantial technical changes have been made as well.  Refer to the
REVISIONS clause for a list.

The RFC 2514v2 recommendation text is being forwarded to the ATM MIB group
for rapid consideration as a new RFC.

When all THREE documents get approved by the IESG, they can be published as
RFCs.  

The first step is for me to publish our two working group MIBs as I-Ds.  I
will do so early next week.  Please look at my working text and get me
comments and suggestions.  I suspect that Andy will want to start a Working
Group Last Call on the FR/ATM MIB as soon as possible. 

Thanks,
Ken

---------------------------------------------------------------
Ken Rehbehn                              Phone: +1-301-296-2325
Visual Networks                            Fax: +1-301-296-2302
2092 Gaither Rd                EMail: [email-masked]
Rockville, MD  20850              http://www.visualnetworks.com
X-Info: To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
X-Info: 'unsubscribe frnetmib' in the body of the message.