Subject: Ftp-WG: errors in draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-05.txt

From: Luke Mewburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 00:16:50 -0500

I'm responsible for a adding a lot of functionality to the NetBSD ftp
client and server, and whilst referencing `draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-05'
to check the conformance of some commands, I found a couple of errors
in section 2.3 `Times'.

To quote:
===
	2.3. Times

	The syntax of a time value is:

		time-val       = 12DIGIT [ "." 1*DIGIT ]

	The leading, mandatory, twelve digits are to be interpreted as, in
	order from the leftmost, four digits giving the year, with a range of
	1000-9999, two digits giving the month of the year, with a range of
	01-12, two digits giving the day of the month, with a range of 01-31,
	two digits giving the hour of the day, with a range of 00-23, two
	digits giving minutes past the hour, with a range of 00-59, and
	finally, two digits giving seconds past the minute, with a range of
	00-60 (with 60 being used only at a leap second).
===

Given that there's *fourteen* digits in `YYYYMMDDHHMMSS', shouldn't that be:
===
	The syntax of a time value is:

		time-val       = 14DIGIT [ "." 1*DIGIT ]

	The leading, mandatory, fourteen digits are to be interpreted as, in
	[...]
===
?

Luke.

---

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 03:55:03 -0500

Date:        Mon, 28 Dec 1998 00:16:50 -0500
    From:        Luke Mewburn <[email-masked]>
    Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>

  | Given that there's *fourteen* digits in `YYYYMMDDHHMMSS', shouldn't that be:

Yes, thanks, it shall be fixed in the next version.

kre