Subject: Ftp-WG: HOT STOCK PICK

From: "Annapurna Lolla" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:51:54 -0400

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 04:15 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 04:10 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 04:03 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 03:56 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 03:51 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 03:45 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 03:38 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 03:31 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 03:20 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 03:12 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 03:00 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 02:53 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 02:46 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 02:38 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 02:30 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 02:24 >>>

I'm on vacation till 8th of August. You may please contact C Balu
([email-masked]) for any project related issues.

>>> "[email-masked]" 07/27/99 02:13 >>>

Encounter.com, Inc.  (OTC BB:  ENCR)http://fridaysstockpicks.com/
The Stock is currently trading at only 32 cents!

Upside potential is tremendous!

Their current fiscal year earnings (May 31, 2000) are projected at 36
cents per share, justifying a future share price of $4.00 to $6.00 in
the next twelve months.

Company operates singlestogo.com interactive singles matching web site!

Company is licensing it's name to and internet gaming casino and will
participate in a revenue sharing of highly profitable online gambling
business!!!!!

ENCR is positioned to become the world's leading provider of online
services to the huge global singles market, concentrating on 'voice
personals', online dating, theater & event booking, Internet gaming, and
the multi-billion travel industry. 

Read the analysis on this fascinating company at
http://fridaysstockpicks.com/

---

From: "Michael J. Ruhl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 18:54:20 -0400

Howdy,

I keep getting this about every minute or so, and the message gets
longer each time.  It looks to be a really nasty loop somewhere.  Any
chance someone can stifle it?

Thanks,

Mike

---

From: Craig Metz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:29:27 -0400

>Annapurna Lolla wrote:
...

  This user has a vacation program that sends its auto-replies to the list
(thanks to the Reply-To, which IMO is a list misconfig) and that doesn't check
whether it has already sent a reply to the sender and stop. So this is a nice
positive feedback loop (for added fun, the messages getting looped are growing
every time).

  I've mailed all the usual contacts at Novell. Several of the messages
bounced; guess they don't bother keeping contacts current. A few more hit
vacation mailers with no alternate contact. The rest seem to have gone to
/dev/null. All in all, Novell has made an extremely poor showing of being able
to handle their users causing trouble on the 'net. If anyone from Novell is
reading this, it would be nice if you could figure out (a) how to fix this
ASAP and (b) why mail to your normal contact channels and beyond have failed to
find someone who can fix the problem in a timely manner.

  So then I mailed the ops/abuse people at BBN (Novell's ISP according to
RADB). And waited. And nothing. So I called them up. After the usual questions,
they eventually said they'd try to get in touch with the contacts they have for
Novell. I suppose there's not a whole lot they can really do. I asked and was
told that Novell's customer record will have a note made of this incident.

  Technically speaking, the IETF's open-list policy forbids the list manager
from blocking this user to solve the problem. Common sense dictates making a
minor exception and just fixing the problem. Hopefully, the list owner will
surface.

  I have in general noticed a critical mass of people who are subscribed to
mailing lists of a technical nature who have massively misconfigured vacation
programs. There appears to be an education problem here, which might possibly
fall under the domain of RUN or some other WG.

									-Craig