Subject: Re: [gaia] Welcome to GAIA

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 09:58:13 -0000

Hi All,

A belated introduction from me, but an opportunity to wish you all a successful
New Year.

I serve on the IESG as one of the two Routing Area Directors.

I have a history of trying to increase participation in the IETF from a wider
set of countries and people as well as trying to get the IETF to focus more on
technologies that address the needs of a broad set of users not just the
super-connected Western few. I helped found ISOCs policy fellow programme that
seeks to bring regulators and policy-makers from around the world to experience
and participate in IETF meetings.

My responsibilities within the IETF include the MANET and ROLL working groups
that develop routing protocols for ad hoc and lossy networks.

Looking forward to the next steps!

Adrian

---

From: "Eiko Yoneki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 20:48:55 -0000

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

I am Eiko Yoneki from the Computer Laboratory at the University of
Cambridge. I  have worked on multi-point communication in P2P, MANET and
DTN/Opportunistic networks. Previously, I spent several years with IBM in US
developing various networking products. 

I am currently interested in building inexpensive opportunistic networks in
rural/developing countries (e.g. Congo in Africa) using small devices (e.g.
Raspberry Pi) connecting through the satellite to developed countries.  

Cheers, Eiko
--
Eiko Yoneki, Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~ey204/