Subject: [gaia] Possible IRTF sponsored GAIA workshop

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:18:28 +0000

Dear All,
  I had some offline conversations with Lars Eggert on what are the
possibilities of organising a IRTF sponsored workshop as a possible
venue to gather the group in one place to discuss the
experiences/issues, to gather interest on possible activities and come
out with a plan to take GAIA forward as an official chartered IRTF
group.

We would like to know whether there will be general interest for such
a workshop?

If so where could this be? One option could be we could try and
arrange something during the IETF here in London this March if
possible or we could arrange this as a proper IRTF workshop in a place
like South Africa if that will ensure maximum participation.

Please let us know.

Thanks
Arjuna

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 10:36:20 +0000

All,
  Just heard  from Lars, that he can arrange a meeting slot during the
London week as a "RG-to-be". Meeting slots are 2.5h max.

Alternatively if we want a (longer) meeting on the Saturday or Sunday
before the IETF week starts, he can also arrange that.

But we have to make a decision by this week. I will wait for some more
feedback before setting up a doodle poll.

Regards
Arjuna