Subject: [gaia] TCM-TF: a proposal for traffic optimization to be discussed in London

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 13:49:08 +0100

Hi all,
 
I am Jose Saldana, from University of Zaragoza, Spain. I am participating on
an standardization effort that may have some synergies with GAIA. As GAIA
web says, we think that TCM-TF  "could potentially change the Internet
landscape to be (a bit) more inclusive."
 
The idea is to multiplex and compress small packets, in order to save
bandwidth and to reduce the amount of packets per second. We think this can
be interesting in less-developed countries, where bandwidth is a scarce
resource.
 
A significant bandwidth reduction for VoIP, online games, M2M, etc. traffic
can be achieved with the counterpart of a small additional delay and some
processing:
 
This is a summary of TCM-TF:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/tcm-tf-summary.pdf
 
We are having a WG-forming BoF on Tuesday at 13.00. It is the second BoF
about this.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/89/agenda/tcmtf/
 
If you think this is interesting, I will be near the TCM-TF BoF poster in
the Welcome Reception.

Best regards and see you in London!
 
Jose Saldana, PhD
University of Zaragoza
 <http://diec.unizar.es/~jsaldana/personal/index.htm>
http://diec.unizar.es/~jsaldana/personal/index.htm