Subject: [gaia] Fwd: Invitation: IETF Guest Day, London - March 4, 2014

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 17:38:16 +0000

This is useful to those who wish to attend the GAIA meeting on Thursday 6th
(3:00 pm - 6:00 pm).

I will post the agenda soon - just waiting for title of the talks from a
couple of speakers.

Thanks.
Arjuna

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Internet Society <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 February 2014 16:06
Subject: Invitation: IETF Guest Day, London - March 4, 2014
To: [email-masked]

Dear Arjuna Sathaiseelan,

Join the Internet's Leading Engineers in London!
Experience first hand the Internet standards process and meet the world's
leading Internet engineers, developers and researchers. We expect 1,200
attendees from more than 50 countries.

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) will convene March 2 -7, 2014
for IETF 89 at the Hilton Metropole and you are invited!

The IETF is the premiere international open-standards community and is
responsible for many of the Internet's most important standards, including
TCP/IP, e-mail, instant messaging, VoIP, 3G and IPv6. Its work is concerned
with the evolution of the Internet's architecture and its smooth operation.

The IETF is unique from other standards groups in that it is a volunteer
organization, lead by individuals, not governments or corporations. The
IETF's processes are open to all and decisions are made on the basis of
"rough consensus and running code." If you are doing research in networking
or communications, this is one event you don't want to miss.

The IETF meets three times a year face-to-face to progress its work of
Internet Standards development for the betterment of the Internet and
people worldwide.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 is IETF 89 Guest Day when students, instructors and
members of local Internet Society Chapters can receive a complimentary
one-day Guest Pass to the IETF 89 Meeting. Guests shall check in at the
Registration Table for their name tags.

Guests have an opportunity to attend some of the 30 plus Working Group
sessions being held that day. The Agenda will be available here -
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/89/agenda.html

Note: You may also attend Newcomer Training that is scheduled for Sunday
March 2 at 1:00 PM in the Blenheim Room at the Hilton Metropole.

Interested local Internet Society Chapter members, Students and Instructors
must:

1. Register online at
https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf89/ietfreg.pybut not pay.

2. Send an email to iad at ietf.org, Subject: Guest Pass, indicating the
local ISOC Chapter, the member, student or instructor, provide the
Registration ID and request a one-day Guest Pass.

3. Pick up a Guest Pass on Tuesday.

The IETF welcomes your interest in its work and looks forward to the day
when you will participate in this volunteer endeavour.

_______________________________________________

To manage your ISOC subscriptions or unsubscribe, please log into the ISOC
Member Portal:

*https://portal.isoc.org/* <https://portal.isoc.org/>

Then choose Interests & Subscriptions from the My Account menu.

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 17:39:16 +0000

Oops -I just saw is this - maybe this only valid for tuesday?

On 19 February 2014 17:38, Arjuna Sathiaseelan <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> This is useful to those who wish to attend the GAIA meeting on Thursday
> 6th (3:00 pm - 6:00 pm).
>
> Interested local Internet Society Chapter members, Students and
> Instructors must:
>
> 1. Register online at https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf89/ietfreg.pybut not pay.
>