Subject: [gaia] GAIA Meeting - agenda

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 09:23:54 +0000

All,

  Please find the agenda for the GAIA RG-to-be meeting on Thursday 6th
March, 3:00 pm-6:00 pm at the Hilton Meeting Room 1-4. There were
three more talks proposed by some of you, but we could'nt fit in here
due to timing constraints - sorry for that.

Hope to see many of you there.

3:00-3:05 - Welcome, Chairs (5 mins)
3:05-3:15 - Michuki Mwangi, ISOC (10 mins)
3:15-3:30 - Mike Blanche, Google (15 mins)
3:30-3:45 - "Digital divide challenges: A perspective from the
Commonwealth Countries", Dr. Martin Koyabe, Commonwealth
Telecommunications Organisation
3:45-4:00 - "Thoughts and Experience from the IU-ATC project" - Prof
Saleem Bhatti, University of St. Andrews
4:00-4:15 - "Less-than-Best-Effort Service for Community Wireless Networks:
Challenges at Three Layers" - Prof Michael Welzl, University of Oslo
4:15-4:30 -TAQ: Enhancing Fairness and Performance Predictability in
Small Packet Regimes, Prof. Jay Chen, New York University.
4:30-4:45 - "Understanding broadband performance - A Network
Operator's Perspective" - Dr. Achilles Petras, BT
4:45-5:00 - "From an always-on Internet to one that is almost surely off" -
Dr. Dirk Trossen, InterDigital
5:00-5:15 - "Liberouter project" - Prof Joerg Ott, Aalto University
5:15-5:30 - "Virtual Public Networks" - Prof Panagiotis
Papadimitrious, University of Hannover
5:30-6:00 - Discussion of proposed charter and future plans

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/