Subject: Re: [gaia] TCM-TF: a proposal for traffic optimization

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 15:03:55 -0000

Hi all. The TCM-TF BoF has finished in London one hour ago, and it seems
that we have chances for getting a Working Group created for standardizing
this traffic optimization technique.

If some of you find it interesting as a means to optimize traffic to and
from isolated zones (rural areas, villages in the mountains, etc), you may
send a supporting e-mail to [email-masked]. This would help the IESG when
making the final decision about the creation of the WG.

Thanks in advance,

Jose

This is a summary of TCM-TF:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/tcm-tf-summary.pdf

De: gaia [mailto:[email-masked]] En nombre de Jose Saldana
Enviado el: viernes, 28 de febrero de 2014 12:49
Para: [email-masked]
Asunto: [gaia] TCM-TF: a proposal for traffic optimization to be discussed
in London

Hi all,

I am Jose Saldana, from University of Zaragoza, Spain. I am participating on
an standardization effort that may have some synergies with GAIA. As GAIA
web says, we think that TCM-TF  "could potentially change the Internet
landscape to be (a bit) more inclusive."

The idea is to multiplex and compress small packets, in order to save
bandwidth and to reduce the amount of packets per second. We think this can
be interesting in less-developed countries, where bandwidth is a scarce
resource.

A significant bandwidth reduction for VoIP, online games, M2M, etc. traffic
can be achieved with the counterpart of a small additional delay and some
processing:

This is a summary of TCM-TF:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67016195/tcm-tf-summary.pdf

We are having a WG-forming BoF on Tuesday at 13.00. It is the second BoF
about this.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/89/agenda/tcmtf/

If you think this is interesting, I will be near the TCM-TF BoF poster in
the Welcome Reception.

Best regards and see you in London!

Jose Saldana, PhD

University of Zaragoza

 <http://diec.unizar.es/~jsaldana/personal/index.htm>
http://diec.unizar.es/~jsaldana/personal/index.htm