Subject: [gaia] ISOC journal article for GAIA

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 07:38:12 +0100

All,
  I was asked to put together a short article around 1500 words for
the ISOC journal informing about the objectives of GAIA.

I have tried to formulate this based on the need that GAIA is being
asked to be an IRTF Research group - so we need to focus on "longer
term research issues" and considering the social nature of the problem
we are trying to address - it also needs input from  social, economic
& regulatory to formulate the technological research agenda.

I think there are few things we could add: dynamic spectrum sharing
(regulatory issues), IXP issues, need for performance measurements -
which I think I seem to have missed in retrospect. If anyone has
thoughts on this, please let me know. Thanks.

If anyone has comments, please let me know - the deadline is May 30
for me to finalise the submission. Thanks.

Regards
-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/