Subject: [gaia] GAIA Workshop on Dec 4th with ACM DEV 5 (San Francisco)

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 10:39:43 +0100

All,
  As you know, we will be having the 2nd GAIA workshop on Dec 4th in
San Francisco (venue TBD) with ACM DEV 5. The workshop will be chaired
by Lakshmi Subramanian and me.

We currently have a list of speakers - and it looks like it will be a
whole day event. The current list of speakers and tentative
topics/title are:

(1) Nick Feamster  (Georgia Tech) - Peering at the Internet's
Frontier: A First Look at ISP Interconnectivity in Africa
(2) Barath Raghavan (ICSI/Denovo Group) - SDN for Community Wireless
(3) Elizabeth Melding (UCSB) - Rural Whitespaces (TBD)
(4) Lakshmi Subramanian (NYU) - TBD
(5) Jay Chen (NYU) - TBD
(6) Shaddi Hassan (TIER/UCB) - GSM Whitespaces
(7) Kurtis Heimerl (TIER/UCB) - Village Base Station
(8) Soumya Sen (UMN) - Smart Internet Pricing
(9) Leandro Navarro (UPC) - EU CONFINE project ( tenative - to confirm
participation)

I have also probed (and will be probing) folks at Google, Facebook and
MSR if they are interested in giving a talk on some of the ongoing
deployments. CTO,  A4AI and ICTP have also been invited to talk about
TVWS.

Once we confirm the agenda - I will send a doodle poll to the group to
get a headcount on the number of people who will be attending the
workshop.

The ACM DEV 5 organisers (cc-ed here) are exploring the option of
having discounted rates to the GAIA members who wish to attend the ACM
DEV 5 conference too!

Thanks
Arjuna

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/