Subject: [gaia] ESA's Satellite Broadband for All

From: Ioannis Komnios <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 17:10:42 +0300

An interesting ESA project to define acceptable usage parameters for satellite-based broadband.

http://artes-apps.esa.int/projects/showcases/satellite-broadband-for-all

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 11:04:32 +0100

Thanks Ioannis..

There were other interesting business models using satellite
broadband. Avanti explored some innovative ways of delivering
broadband through the UK Technology Strategy Board funded DART project
with Univ of Aberdeen here: http://www.dotrural.ac.uk/dart/

They looked at doing micropayments which will enable increasing the
QoS for a certain period of time to get higher capacity in the return
link for a certain period of time. I guess they also did some
deployments in rural Scotland/Lancaster.

Regards

On 11 September 2014 15:10, Ioannis Komnios <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> gaia mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/