Subject: [gaia] Fwd: [Confine-social] Call for proposals -- seed funding for new mesh networks

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 16:11:45 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Greta Byrum <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 September 2014 16:05
Subject: [Confine-social] Call for proposals -- seed funding for new
mesh networks
To: [email-masked]

The Open Technology Institute is pleased to announce its first call
for proposals from groups interested in implementing Commotion-based
wireless mesh networks in their communities. This project is supported
by the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor Affairs at the
United States Department of State. Due to funding restrictions,
projects must be located outside of the United States.

Promising projects can apply for funds up to $10,000 USD. Projects
should be completed within six months of a grant award.

We encourage proposals that will build strong community coalitions,
address critical challenges to human rights and serve traditionally
marginalized communities.

http://oti.newamerica.net/blogposts/2014/call_for_proposals_international_commotion_mesh_wireless_projects-120664

Carlos, I wish we could come to Namibia to attend the participatory
networks event! It's unfortunately too soon and too far away from us.
Please share this call in case people are interested. Also, people
might be interested in these materials:
https://commotionwireless.net/docs/cck/
http://oti.newamerica.net/blogposts/2014/digital_stewardship_and_your_community-108401

All best wishes
- Greta

--
Greta Byrum
Senior Field Analyst
Open Technology Institute
202.596.3354

_______________________________________________
Confine-social mailing list
[email-masked]
http://grups.pangea.org/mailman/listinfo/confine-social

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/