Subject: [gaia] Two Research Associate vacancies related to GAIA

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 07:51:08 +0000

Dear All,

We will have three new vacancies for postdoctoral research associates
 for two new EU H2020 projects that are to start early
next year. Two positions are currently advertised and we will
advertise one more position soon. If anyone with the right skillset is
interested, please get in touch with me.

Link to the job details and for applying online:
http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/5273/

Details:

Two full-time Research Associate positions are available in the
Computer Laboratory at the University of Cambridge to work on the
recently awarded EU H2020 RIFE (aRchitecture for an Internet For
Everybody) project. The project will explore the fundamental
challenges of enabling universal Internet access and specifically
explore innovative solutions using Information Centric Networking to
address mobility as well as reducing the cost of Internet access. The
positions are available for 24 months in the first instance.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, system architecture
design and implementation, performance evaluation,
paper/proposal/document/report writing, and presentation of research
findings.

The successful candidates must have:

A first degree in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering or a
related discipline, and normally, a PhD (or close to submitting their
thesis) relevant to the research area or equivalent qualifications

Demonstrated research competence through high-quality and high-impact
publications in top conferences and journals

The candidates should demonstrate strong systems skills in one or more
of the following: Linux kernel programming, Click Modular Router
platform, ns-3, Blackadder and OpenSand. Prior experience building
testbeds and real-world deployments are considered an advantage

Proven experience in building Information Centric Systems is
considered an advantage

Experience with satellite/wireless networking

Experience with Quality of Service techniques, Radio Resource
Management, efficient edge caching techniques and/or security
strategies are considered an advantage.

Candidates holding some of the skills and experience mentioned above
may be considered for this position but will be appointed on the
Research Assistant scale (£24,775-£27,864).

The expected start date will be February 2015.

Interested applicants are encouraged to make informal enquiries about
the post to Arjuna Sathiaseelan: [email-masked]

Please quote reference NR04562 on your application and in any
correspondence about this vacancy.

Regards

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/