Subject: [gaia] Peer support in GAIA

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 18:36:27 +0000

One thing that crossed my mind -

It will be great if we encourage and engage young and upcoming
researchers in developing regions and involve them in work related to
GAIA and publishing the work that comes out of such collaborations
with them. I think if we can foster such peer support and provide
opportunities - this will be beneficial and stimulate a better
research and publication culture and will also open new opportunities
for researchers in developing regions..

also call for ISOC fellowships to the IETF below..

regards
Arjuna

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Niel Harper <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 November 2014 at 18:57
Subject: [programme-announce-il] [REMIINDER] ** Applications Open for
Internet Society Fellowship to IETF 92 (Dallas, TX) ** DEADLINE
EXTENDED TO 7 DECEMBER
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
"[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>,
"[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>

Dear Colleagues,

The Internet Society has announced that it is inviting applications
for its latest Internet Society Fellowships to the IETF.  The
Fellowship programme allows engineers from emerging and developing
economies to attend an Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) meeting.

As you know, the IETF is the Internet's premier standards-making body,
responsible for the development of protocols used in IP-based
networks. IETF participants represent an international community of
network designers, operators, vendors, and researchers involved in the
technical operation of the Internet and the continuing evolution of
Internet architecture.

Fellowships will be awarded through a competitive application process.
The Internet Society is currently accepting fellowship applications
for the IETF 92 in Dallas, Texas:

* IETF 92, March 22-27, 2015, Dallas, Texas, United States.

Information and links to apply can be found at:
http://www.internetsociety.org/fellows-ietf

Fellowship applications will now close on 7 December, 2014.

I encourage you apply or pass this information about this program to
individuals involved in your network that have a keen interest in the
Internet protocol development activities of the IETF.

The Internet Society Fellowships to the IETF are sponsored by Afilias,
Google, NBCUniversal, Microsoft, and Verisign.

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Niel Harper
<[email-masked]>.

Regards,

-----------------------------
Niel Harper
Senior Manager, Next Generation Leaders Programmes
Internet Society
1775 Wiehle Avenue
Reston, VA
Email: [email-masked]
Skype: OlokunBB
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nielharper

_______________________________________________
Programme-announce-il mailing list
[email-masked]
https://elists.isoc.org/mailman/listinfo/programme-announce-il

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/