Subject: [gaia] New Research Associate vacancy on GAIA related work - Part II

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 13:50:28 +0000

All,

Following my earlier email on two postdoctoral research associate
vacancies for my new EU H2020 RIFE project
(http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/5273/), I am also advertising another
vacancy for our another EU H2020 UMobile project (to work with Jon
Crowcroft and me). This project focusses more on the geographical
challenges of Internet provisioning.

I am looking forward to talk to candidates with strong ICN/systems
building expertise.
So please contact me at the earliest if interested.

Details below.

http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/5410/

One full time Research Associate position is available in the Computer
Laboratory at the University of Cambridge to work on the recently
awarded EU H2020 UMobile (Universal mobile centric and opportunistic
communications architecture) project. The project will explore the
fundamental challenges of enabling universal Internet access and
specifically explore innovative solutions using Information Centric
Networking to address mobility.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, system architecture
design and implementation, performance evaluation,
paper/proposal/document/report writing, and presentation of research
findings.

The successful candidate should have:

A first degree in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering or a
related discipline and, normally, a PhD (or be close to submitting
their thesis) relevant to the research area, or equivalent
qualifications.

Demonstrable research competence through high-quality and high-impact
publications in top conferences and journals.

Strong systems skills in one or more of the following: Linux kernel
programming, Click router platform, ns-3, Virtualisation platforms,
Mininet and Blackadder. Prior experience building testbeds and
real-world deployments are considered an advantage.

Proven experience in building Information Centric Systems.

Experience with satellite/wireless/Unmanned Aerial Vehicles networking.

Experience with Quality of Service techniques, Radio Resource
Management and efficient edge caching techniques are considered an
advantage.

Candidates holding some of the skills and experience mentioned above
may be considered for this position but will be appointed on the
Research Assistant scale (£24,775-£27,864).

The expected start date will be February 2015.

Interested applicants are encouraged to make informal enquiries about
the post to Arjuna Sathiaseelan ([email-masked]) and
Prof. Jon Crowcroft ([email-masked]).

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/