Subject: [gaia] Global Access to the Internet for All (GAIA) Workshop along with ACM DEV

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 16:15:01 +0000

All,
  Just a final remainder, we will be having the 3rd Internet Research
Task Force (IRTF) GAIA workshop colocated with ACM DEV in San Jose.
The talks are listed here:
https://sites.google.com/site/irtfgaia/home/3rd-gaia-meeting

The ACM DEV registration site is here: http://acmdev.org/registration/
if anyone would like to attend.

Program

Thursday December 4, 2014 (Room: San Carlos)

8-8:45am Breakfast (minimal with bagels, rolls +coffee/tea :) )!!!

8:45-9:00 Welcome (Chairs: Arjuna Sathiaseelan and Lakshmi Subramanian)

9:00-10:30: Session 1: Broadband deployment experiences
Shaddi Hassan (TIER/UCB) - GSM Whitespaces: Spectrum Sharing for
Community Cellular Networks
Marco Zennaro (ICTP) - TV White Space and ICTD
Bruce Balkie (Inveneo) -  Rural Broadband in Developing Regions - A
shared backbone approach in Haiti to provide connections in 20% of the
rural areas

10:30-11:00 Coffee

11:00-12:30: Session 2: Future Internet Architectures
 Elizabeth Belding (UCSB) - Localizing Content Delivery for Poorly
Connected Regions
 Joerg Ott (Aalto) - Managing Dynamic Content in Challenged Networks
 Barath Raghavan (ICSI/Denovo Group) - SDN on the Mountaintop: The
Challenge of WISPs

12:30-1:30: Lunch

1:30-3:00: Session 3: Understanding the Challenges
  Nick Feamster  (Georgia Tech) - Peering at the Internet's Frontier:
A First Look at ISP Interconnectivity in Africa
  Steve Song (NSRC) and Peter Bloom (Rhizomatica) - Insights from the
Go Local! Workshop
  Soumya Sen (UMN) - On Creating An Affordable Internet With Smart Data Pricing

 3:00-3:30: Coffee

3:30-4:45 : Session 4: Community Networks
Kurtis Heimerl (TIER/UCB) - Building Community Cellular Networks
Leandro Navarro (UPC) - Community Networking: research advances with
Community-Lab
Jim Forster (AirJaldi) - AirJaldi - 10 years into a social venture

4:45-5:00: Concluding remarks

Regards
-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/

---

From: Samo Grasic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 21:07:31 +0100

Dear Arjuna,
I know that someone was asking this before... Will there be a chance to 
participate remotely?
If that is not an option, is there a chance to get at least the audio 
records of the meetings?

Thanks
Samo

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 20:31:22 +0000

Dear Samo,

I can try and see if this can be done -- thanks..

Regards

On 25 November 2014 at 20:07, Samo Grasic <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> gaia mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia