Subject: [gaia] TIME article on 'gaia' topics

From: Henning G Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 11:49:28 -0500

http://time.com/facebook-world-plan/

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 11:55:44 -0800

thanks Henning..

having spent a good couple of days interacting with the
Internet.org/connectivity lab folks --

they are really keen and focussing on free space optical comms (there
is a large group of people working on this), drones and there is a
huge interest on the dynamic spectrum sharing space..the folks are
keen to do measurements to understand spectrum availability -- so I
suggested Jon Crowcroft's idea of working with partners such as the
Royal Veterinary College who fly drones all across Africa for tracking
animals and piggyback spectrum measurements. We could use the low cost
measurement device built by the ICTP folks (Marco Zennaro)..they are
now keen to follow this up! they are also very interested in
collaborating with some of the internet architecture projects we are
starting in cambridge using satellites and drones which looks at edge
caching (which is another area they are focussing on)..

Regards

On 6 December 2014 at 08:49, Henning G Schulzrinne <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> gaia mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan | http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/