Subject: [gaia] please revise the GaiaNet questionnaire

From: Paola Di Maio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 14:30:40 +0530

Folks,

As announced briefly in an earlier post, we are working GaiaNet an
effort to try to simplify and make explicit  and disintermediate
various aspects of community wifi development , details and how
to participate  and support this project for everyone will follow shortly .
In the meantime, we can start hacking the Gaia Knowledge Base, with a
questionnaire

Kindly revise these questions and make suggestions  (on list or to me
in person) of how to improve the survey, so that its
outcome can be useful for everyone in here, and out there

PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT YET!!
http://tinyurl.com/mqpkmmd

Keepingin mind that the answers to the question will form the knowledge base
for this community , we d like to know the following:
- is there any other information we should harness from the community?
- are the questions clear and easy to answer?
- what changes to this questionnaire would you consider helpful

After making suggested revisions, we ll circulate to the list and
start compliling

Thanks in advance for your contribution

PDM
Systemic Resilience Unit

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 08:36:09 +0000

Thanks Paola (i am also ccing the confine mailing list) -

we could probably give some context to the members incase ---

We are planning to create the first GAIA network in remote India near
Mandi - in a community where there is no existing connectivity since its
not economically
viable for all types of operators- so I am working with Paola (who will be
the local stakeholder)
to develop the first GAIA network which will also function as a
research network where the community will lease the network to the
research community for them to run experiments and get usage data
which by itself will create a sustainable business model to recover
the opex of the network apart from the other services they run over it!

We are currently working with the ISOC to bootstrap this network - Jane
Coffin has been tremendously helpful - folks from Guifi are also helping us
out from the tech side..Paola will also appreciate help from others (to
start off - by filling in the survey:http://tinyurl.com/mqpkmmd)

If this succeeds, we want to replicate GAIA net in other
places/countries and create a federated research network which
connects communities but also functions as a testbed for testing out
new services/architectures/protocols etc!

Regards

On 12 February 2015 at 09:00, Paola Di Maio <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> gaia mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia
>

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d