Subject: [gaia] New version of the "Alternative Network Deployments" draft (former "manyfolks draft")

From: jsaldana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 16:19:10 +0100

Hi all,

As you may know, the “manyfolks draft” has now become a WG document, so 
its new name is “draft-irtf-gaia-alternative-network-deployments”.

You may find it here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-gaia-alternative-network-deployments/

The main improvement is this: A set of “classification criteria” is 
first included, and then, at the beginning of each section, a table 
summarizing the criteria for each network is included.

We have included 5 “axes”, according to the discussion in the list:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gaia/current/msg00640.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gaia/current/msg00615.html

- Commercial model / promoter
- Goals and motivation
- Administrative model
- Technologies employed
- Typical scenarios

It also includes a "loose" definition of "Traditional network", as 
opposed to "Alternative networks".

We would need your feedback in order to improve it.

Another question is if sections 4 and 5 make sense in this new version. 
Perhaps they are too long and too generic (not really focused on 
“alternative networks”).

Thanks in advance!

Jose Saldana

---

From: Javier Simó <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 16:31:03 +0100

El 06/03/15 a las 16:19, jsaldana escribió:
> Another question is if sections 4 and 5 make sense in this new 
> version. Perhaps they are too long and too generic (not really focused 
> on “alternative networks”).
>
Hi all

I agree. The document has to beat as a heart :-)   There was a time for 
expansion of content, now it would be good to have a period of 
"compression".

Now the question is how we do this and who should do it. While adding 
content is likely to be seen as a "constructive" contribution by all, 
the reduction of content may be a sensible task, specially for those who 
introduced text that is now going to be cut out. The methodology for 
this should be established first, then we can work on the document. I am 
volonteer to work on section 4.

Best

Javier

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Jose Saldana
>
> _______________________________________________
> gaia mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/gaia

-- 

---------------------------------------------------
Fco. Javier Simó Reigadas <[email-masked]>
Subdirector de Ord. Docente
ETS de Ingeniería de Telecomunicación
D-204, Departamental III
Camino Del Molino, s/n - 28943 Fuenlabrada (Madrid)
Tel: 914888428, Fax: 914887500
Web personal: http://www.tsc.urjc.es/~javier.simo