Subject: [gaia] Service Migration in Challenged Networks

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 17:57:40 +0000

All,
  Recently there's quite a lot of work on enabling service migration (e.g
NFV) -- enabling service instances to function locally can be extremely
useful in resource constrained networks (networks in developing regions)
(in terms of latency, efficiency as well as energy). This could probably
help in disaster/emergency situations too when backhaul connectivity is
intermittent or the backhaul itself if mobile (UAVs) or the network itself
is fragmented or other decentralised network deployments..so we have some
ideas on how we could enable service migration over challenged networks --
position paper is here (we will be presenting this at the Mobisys DIY
workshop this May):
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/docs/scandex-diy.pdf

Regards
-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d