Subject: [gaia] Alternative Networks: a draft about deployment experiences (the "Deployment Draft")

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 16:52:28 +0100

Hi all,
 
As you may have seen, we have just uploaded a new version of the
"Alternative Networks" draft. It includes a number of definitions, and a
taxonomy of these networks.
 
During the GAIA session in Prague some people suggested that we could build
a long document, with the aim of sharing deployment experiences. So our
current proposal is to write another document collecting deployment
experiences of Alternative Networks.
 
This second document would be much longer than the first draft, and it would
follow the classification and definitions included in it.
 
Therefore, we would like to ask for volunteers for collaborating in this
second draft. We may call it "the Deployment Draft". Contributors should be
people with experience on real alternative network deployments, and the idea
is to write something that can be useful for further deployments:
recommendations about protocols to use, antennae, architectures, setups, IP
addressing, routing, etc.
 
Some of the authors of the first draft have already agreed on participating
on this one. In fact, we also have some content about antennae, physical
links and some protocols.
 
Best regards and thanks in advance,
 
Jose