Subject: [gaia] World Development Report 2016: Digital Dividends

From: Richard Dent <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 12:14:14 +0000

World Development Report 2016: Digital Dividends. Just published.
http://www.worldbank.org/en/publication/wdr2016

Digital technologies have spread rapidly in much of the world. Digital 
dividends—that is, the broader development benefits from using these 
technologies—have lagged behind. In many instances, digital technologies 
have boosted growth, expanded opportunities, and improved service 
delivery. *Yet their aggregate impact has fallen short and is unevenly 
distributed. For digital technologies to benefit everyone everywhere 
requires closing the remaining digital divide, especially in internet 
access. *

-- 
PhD Candidate
Department of Sociology
University of Cambridge

www.openaccessphd.com
@richarddent
Tel: 07827 537537