Subject: [gaia] Techfugees Cambridge conference

From: Richard Dent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 12:02:33 +0100

Join us for Techfugees Cambridge. July 2nd, 2016. Info below and attached.

We're looking for speakers on refugee data security and connectivity in 
refugee camps.

*Techfugees Cambridge Conference 
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/techfugees-cambridge-conference-tickets-25544852341>
*

*Better technology for the refugee crisis
*The conference will bring together developers, designers, refugees and 
NGOs in a collaborative process to identify and plan technology 
solutions to some of the problems which threaten the safety of refugees.

*Conference theme: improving refugee camps and refugee data security
*For this first conference, we will focus on the theme of refugee camps, 
with consideration given to how we can improve internet/local network 
connectivity, data security & privacy and personal empowerment 
(improving access to training/education/jobs).

*Key objectives*
1. Offer NGOs and grassroots organisations the chance to pitch their 
needs to the technology, academic and funder communities.
2. Incubate and facilitate teams to work on issues identified.
3. Reflect on current technology and apps developed by previous 
Techfugees and humanitarian sector to address issues such as data 
security, design standards and service standards.

*About Techfugees*
Techfugees is a growing international network of tech developers, NGOs 
and related practitioners working to develop technology to help 
refugees. Techfugees is made up of city and national chapters with 
diverse specialisms.
www.techfugees.com <http://www.Techfugees.com>

-- 
PhD Researcher, Department of Sociology
Affliated researcher, Networking for Development Lab
CSAP network member
University of Cambridge

http://www.richardjdent.com
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d
http://www.csap.cam.ac.uk/network/richard-dent/
@richarddent
Tel: 07827 537537