Subject: [gaia] draft-irtf-gaia-alternative-network-deployments. Some other minor improvements

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 19:52:52 +0200

Hi all,

These are some minor suggestions by David. I agree with all of them. If no
one objects, we would include them in the next version:

> Thought the ownership aspect is fairly critical

> 1.1 Mainstream networks

> - Added: Ownership of the network is never vested in the users themselves.

> 1.2 Alternative Networks

> - Added: Ownership of the network is often vested in the users.

> 3.2

> Long-distance links are often not mesh so made this change long-distance

> links (the so called community mesh approach)-> long distance links and/or

> wireless mesh networks.

> 6.2.1.3

> Added a reference [Lysko] to show an example of TV White space being

> used to provide alternative network access to a community.

> [Lysko]    Lysko, A.A., Masonta, M.T., Mofolo, M.R., Mfupe, L.,

> Montsi, L., Johnson, D.L.,         Mekuria, F., Ngwenya, D.W.,

> Ntlatlapa, N.S., Hart, A. and C. Harding, C, "First large TV white spaces
trial in

> South Africa: A brief overview", In Proceedings of the 6th international

> conference on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems (pp.

> 407-414). IEEE., 2014.

> 7.3 Added Local cloud storage services as an example of a service

(.)

> All the best

> David

Thanks a lot,

Jose