Subject: [gaia] Fwd: [TIER] Facebook Connectivity Lab opening

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 21:27:12 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Temina Madon <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 August 2016 at 21:15
Subject: [TIER] Facebook Connectivity Lab opening
To: [email-masked]

*Research Manager, Connectivity Lab*

Menlo Park, CA

Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last
decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around
the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using
the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at
Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing
organization.

We believe connecting the world is one of the greatest challenges of our
generation, and that everyone deserves access to the knowledge, tools and
opportunities that come from being connected. That’s why we, along with
other tech companies, launched Internet.org (http://internet.org/), a
global partnership to make the Internet available to the two thirds of the
worlds population that doesn’t have it. The Connectivity Lab team has been
working on developing new platforms and solutions for connectivity. Come
join us and help build and lead a research team to support our Connectivity
Lab. The candidate will be adept at evaluating problems from a global level
to the nanoscale, in a variety of domains that include, but are not limited
to the communications systems themselves.

*Responsibilities*

Help build and lead a research team to support the Connectivity Lab.
Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and
process for regular assessment and improvement
Establish and maintain excellent development processes.
Establish processes and tools to measure progress and impact.
Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and for
the lab.
Foster a positive, creative and collaborative environment, encouraging
brainstorming and an openness to try new ideas.
Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on
accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
Work with the commercial side of the Connectivity Lab to transition
research projects to commercialization.

*Requirements*

B.S. or M.S. in Physics, Electrical Engineering or a related technical
field.
Experience working on communication systems is a preferred.
At least 10 years of professional technical leadership experience
successfully architecting, developing, and launching hardware/software
projects and/or services
At least 10 years of experience managing successful engineering teams
including hiring/termination and performance management.
High proficiency and technical leadership in leading research efforts.
Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional
teams.

https://facebook.com/careers/jobs/a0I1200000JIOycEAH/?ref=a8lA00000004CFAIA2&_rdr

_______________________________________________
TIER mailing list
Website: http://tier.cs.berkeley.edu
[email-masked]
https://www.millennium.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tier

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d