Subject: [gaia] Fwd: AfriCHI Early Registration Ends Tomorrow!

From: Melissa Densmore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 11:20:28 +0200

AfriCHI 2016
Kujenga madaraja, kubomoa vizuizi | Building Bridges, Breaking Barriers
21-25 November 2016, Nairobi, Kenya
http://www.africhi.net

Registration for the workshops, courses and main conference program is
open! Please register soon - *the deadline for early registration is
TOMORROW*, *September 17th, 2016*.

Register Here <https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/?eventid=1864389>

We are excited that AfriCHI will feature:

   - 42 works that will be published in ACM Digital Library.
   - The 1st Summit on Community Networks in Africa (sponsored by Internet
   Society)
   - A Women in Computing (in Africa) lunch (sponsored by Google)
   - A design challenge
   - A mentoring panel/clinic (in addition to the doctoral and masters
   consortium)
   - Provocative and educational workshops (you can still register for some
   of them)
   - And, more exciting stuff to come!

We are super pleased that Microsoft Research is one of our major sponsors
along with SIGCHI, NUST and others.

Keynotes <http://africhi.net/keynote-speakers/> include: Chief Chikanta
(Zambia), Imen Trabelski (Tunisia), Janet Wesson and Paula Kotze (South
Africa), Susan Dray (US), Meoli Kashorda (Kenya)

Special guest speakers: Med Salim Bouhlel (Tunisia), Judith Owigar (Kenya)
(more to come)

There are also exhibit tables available for USD500.

Thanks to our sponsors:

Lion Sponsors 🦁
Elephant Sponsors 🐘