Subject: [gaia] GAIA Workshop on development of local networking infrastructures using cooperative & open-access management scheme

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 17:43:53 +0100

All -

Leandro Navarro (UPC), Marco Zennaro (ICTP) and I will be organising a
workshop in Cambridge on January 26 & 27, 2017 on the development of local
networking infrastructures using cooperative & open-access management
schemes,
- one is open-access radio spectrum (and its availability, sharing, open
access, etc),
- the other is community networks (with similar properties) providing
open-access connectivity (and also IX-like infrastructures etc).

The workshop is funded by the ISOC, EU H2020 RIFE Project, EU H2020
Netcommons Project & the EPSRC GCRF African Internet Measurement
Observatory (AIMO) project.

We aim to have some travel funding for practitioners/regulators in
developing regions (you might get some measurement boxes to go back and
deploy too!)- so if you are interested, please send me an email.

If you are interested in giving a talk, send us an email on the topic with
a short abstract.

We would like to know how many of you can make it - for catering &
organisation purposes. Doodle poll is here:
http://doodle.com/poll/sd3tzkgxqmzfvb2d

Please register before 31, October 2016.

Final program will be decided based on the volunteered speakers/topics. We
are already mobilising speakers from APC, ISOC, DC3-IGF, etc.

Regards
-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 13:26:22 +0100

All -

Please find the page for the GAIA workshop here:
http://dsg.ac.upc.edu/gaia-cn-ws

If you are interested in attending/giving a talk, please fill in the doodle:

Regards

On 8 October 2016 at 17:43, Arjuna Sathiaseelan <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> workshop in Cambridge on January 26 & 27, 2017 on the development of
> local networking infrastructures using cooperative & open-access
> management schemes,

---

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 19:53:38 +0200

All -

We have been getting several requests for travel grants over the last few
days - unfortunately, there were several requests early on and we have
decided to fund a few of them. So we wont be able to support anymore..

Regards