Subject: [gaia] Fwd: Cloud Stats in Africa

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 09:22:21 +0200

Does anyone have these info? Thanks.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ripduman Sohan <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 October 2016 at 23:54
Subject: Cloud Stats in Africa
To: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>, Riyaz Bachani <
[email-masked]>

Hi Arjuna,

A good friend of mine (Riyaz, cced) is looking for some statistics on
hosting/cloud in Africa, he needs the number for commercial reasons so
commercial reports are acceptable.  Would you know where to find any one of
these stats or where we should look for them?

1. Size of the ICT market in Africa, East Africa, and Kenya [hardware
sales, licences, overall market etc]

2. Size of the co-location market in Africa, East Africa and Kenya

3. Size of he ERP market in Africa, East Africa and Kenya [Major players,
MS, Oracle, SAP]

4. Growth of the ICT, Co-lo and ERP markets, year on year.

5. Uptake of cloud services, in particular AWS/Google/Microsoft.

6. Uptake of cloud applications, in particular online office (Office365,
Google Apps).

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

-- 
--rip

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d