Subject: [gaia] Fwd: [cooperation-wg] European Commission tender: study to support the definition phase of the Next Generation Internet initiative

From: Vesna Manojlovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 10:07:04 +0200 (CEST)

FYI

--
community, cooperation, commons, squirrels 	// http://becha.home.xs4all.nl
nature, anarchy, utopia, anthropocene, collapse // https://www.unciv.nl

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [cooperation-wg] European Commission tender: study to support the 
definition phase of the Next Generation Internet initiative
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 09:48:10 +0200
From: Marco Hogewoning <[email-masked]>
To: Cooperation WG <[email-masked]>

Dear colleagues,

We recently have been notified about the following, which we think this may be 
an area that RIPE community members have an interest in commenting on. At this 
stage we do not have more information than what is posted on the webpages 
mentioned below.

"The European Commission has launched a call for tenders for a service contract 
to conduct a study to support the definition phase of the Next Generation 
Internet initiative. In their offer, the tenderer should demonstrate a deep 
knowledge of the Future Internet area and key applications, from a technical 
perspective, notably through relevant previous work of similar nature (SMART 
2016/0033

The overall objective of the study is to support the definition phase of the 
Next Generation Internet initiative. This includes developing a concept for a 
new research and innovation initiative on next generation Internet and engaging 
with a broader community of stakeholders.”

More information about this tender and the Next Generation Internet Initiative 
can be found on the Commission’s website:

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/news/next-generation-internet-2025

Regards,

Marco Hogewoning
-- 
External Relations - RIPE NCC