Subject: [gaia] Event: Accelerating Progress Towards the SDGs through Universal Internet Access

From: Arjuna Sathiaseelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 09:14:45 +0000

All -

DIAL (Digital Impact Alliance) is organising an event this February and
would be of interest (some of us here like Sonia Jorge, Jane Coffin, Steve
Song and I and a few others had contributed to the two reports they would
be releasing..)

-----
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals call upon the global
community to achieve universal and affordable access to the internet in the
least developed countries by 2020. In order to achieve this goal, global
actors must address gaps in the global access effort, strengthening their
ability to collaborate for greater and accelerated impact. This event will
explore opportunities for more collective action, such as embedding
connectivity into mainstream development activities, strengthening
investment to identify innovative business models, and illuminating
consistent best practices for expanding access.

USAID and its partners will release and share findings from two new
publications that highlight these opportunities for action: a landscape and
gap analysis of ongoing efforts to accelerate internet access, based on
research by SSG Advisors for USAID and DIAL; as well as insights on
business model innovations for improved last mile access, based on research
by Caribou Digital for USAID and DIAL.

We invite you and your colleagues to join us for presentations, panels and
discussions from 8:30am-1:00pm on Wednesday, 22 February 2017, at
Microsoft’s offices on 901 K Street in Washington, D.C.  The morning will
begin with coffee and conclude with a light lunch.  A full agenda will be
available in the coming weeks.  Please register via EventBrite to RSVP:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/accelerating-progress-towards-the-sdgs-through-universal-internet-access-tickets-30527167580

Regards

-- 
Arjuna Sathiaseelan
Personal: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/
N4D Lab: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~as2330/n4d